This forum will continue indefinitely

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Thank you Lewis, for keeping the only civil Forum going. I appreciate the bits of humor interspersed with superior technical advice I gain here.
---Hutch

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Post by Doug Cannon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 pm

re uncataloged; " .....The main issue presently, it seems, is that it does needs updating."

Hmmm, that is hopefully not the recent reason tabled by AC for not re-releasing the database, to previous or new interested party(ies).

Reopening it to updates and sustaining it into the future should be primary to enhance goodwill and name . . . . AC corp. has shown (by inactivity) it had no time for it (since it throttled down access by the volunteer 'group'), and definitely now . . . . not in the foreseeable future.

imho

Stan Cedarleaf
Associate Member

Post by Stan Cedarleaf » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Yes, T L, this forum stays very "civil" and fun to be on.... Many thanks to the moderators for keeping that way.... :) :)
In May 2015, the PCSRR became a Fallen Flag Railroad
http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/stance ... len_x.html

Gerstenm@verizon.net
Associate Member

Help!!

Post by Gerstenm@verizon.net » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 am

I was saddened to learn of your exit from the Garden RR industry. I've built my Westfield NJ GRR over the past 10 years with Aristocraft stainless steel track, steam and diesel locos, and the CRE-55470 Train Engineer Transmitter and two receivers. We've had great fun with operating first under track power and next under battery pawer. My dilemma is that I left my post 2000 10 frequency transmitter out in the Garden this summer and it was ruined by rain.

I tried to locate a replacement unsuccessfully, and went on Ebay and purchased a used pre-2000 model - I now believe it is the second version 10 Amp unit with the 1/2 Track Channel Switch. I have had problems linking it to both receivers, and I need help in doing so. Navin recommended I upgrade to the Revolution, but I am retiring, won't be operating the system that often, and would like to keep the working receivers, and would like to keep my costs down.

Is there a printed set of instructions I can get to help me link this older transmitter to the two CRE-55470 receivers?

Thanks,

Marvin Gersten

Ron McCormick
Associate Member

Post by Ron McCormick » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:58 am

By posting your request on a completely unrelated thread, very few people will read it.

I'd suggest you post your request on the general forum with a NEW thread/topic.

Regards, Ron

Art Lamb
Associate Member

Very sad to see the end of Aristocraft

Post by Art Lamb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 am

I was saddened tremendously to find that Aristo was not going to be with us producing trains. I don't have many of your locomotives but almost 100% of my rolling stock and track is Aristo. Thanks for the memories and hopefully there is life after the business is over.

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:06 pm

One of the reasons I use the Aristo Forum less - especially for longer posts - is that it 'times out' before you can post!! :eek:

Accordingly it is not always possible to recover your post.

I have just made a lengthy post, about some new developments at my railroad which took about five minutes in time to type. For what it is worth I am not a slow typer.
When I clicked to post to insert the referenced pictures I had to sign in again but lo and behold my post was not recoverable.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Hummmmmmm I never had that problem. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

KenBurkinshaw
Associate Member

Post by KenBurkinshaw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Alan
I have had similar experience with long posts to the forum. I work around it by posting a short section first, then reenter the post in edit mode and add to it. The only problem with this method is that someone will sometimes respond or quote from the partial posting.

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Thank you Ken. It is always a pleasure to know someone else isn't immune from the vagaries of computers. :D

I will try what you suggest next time I intend to make a long post.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)