2014 ECLSTS Fall Show

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Pat McCarty
Associate Member

Re: 2014 ECLSTS Fall Show

Post by Pat McCarty » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:30 pm

And don't forget to post some pics for the ones unable to make it there physically.

Pat

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Post by Doug Cannon » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:58 am

"...- and of course get a bargain or two. :) "

A friend of mine from that neck-of-the-woods sent me a email that he was there at ECASTS'14, and later another email that he had acquired a NIB PRR U25B for $100 ! :D

nite.
" G-gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! " djc'99

Tom Parkins
Associate Member

Post by Tom Parkins » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:57 pm

I attended the show Saturday morning. First no pictures, because there was really nothing to photograph. There was only one display, an N scale modular set up. Dealers just had tables of stock. Nothing new, but then there hasn't been any new products on the market since last spring.

The crowd Saturday morning was smallish. I talked with G Scale Jct and he was surprised at the lack of traffic for other scales. There were some great deals on mostly used G stuff, and some old New stock. But it was not at all like the spring meet. I was surprised that Nicholas Smith was not present. They also do a brisk business in other scales and they are only 2 hours away. I did not see Polks Gen Next or Crest.

We stopped at Strasburg on the way back to Delaware. Thomas was there, and Percy too. We brought Andrew with us. He is a grown man but developmentally challenged and he had a great time. That was a huge crowd.

I'll give the fall show 3 toots out of 5. There is more G stuff there than the typical train show.

Glenn Habrial
Associate Member

Post by Glenn Habrial » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 pm

I went to the Fall Show Friday and had a good time. I saw old friends, but didn't see a PRR consolidaton or a PRR E8 for sale.

Mike Moran
Associate Member

Post by Mike Moran » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Tom Crest was there
Mike

MParsons
Associate Member

Post by MParsons » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Well - I'm still cranked to go to the Spring show. I think that Harry getting sick (I hope) had much to do with the fall show's small turn out. Didn't see the sort of hoopla that precedes the spring show. I had a lot of communication with just about all the G Scale vendors BEFORE the show - the ones that didn't show up - and I got the distinct impression of strong support for the SPRING show.

For the spring show -- let's not rely just on Harry. I think that we, individually and through our clubs, ought to get the word out for the Spring show. Those of us with special skills, and I know that there are lots of us, ought to consider volunteering to host a seminar of one sort or another at the spring show. And perhaps Garden Railroads magazine will set up a large screen tv and roll some of their train dvd's and hand out Greatest Hobby stuff. Now that was a missed opportunity in that Garden RR didn't reach out in G Scale to the small scalers at the fall show.