Show Cars/ Locomotives

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Joe Bosma
Associate Member

Show Cars/ Locomotives

Post by Joe Bosma » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Would be cool to see the Locos brought back for the ECLSTS. Any chance something like that could happen again?

Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 am

Joe,

Show engines do not sell well. Even on the short runs, we never sold out. The closest we ever came to selling out was the Western Maryland RS3's That year, I think they took back with them 4 or 5 unsold locos. Plus you cant get the factory to produce a low number for the shows AND it be a reasonable cost to the consumer. They have minimum numbers they require to make a run PLUS you have the design costs to figure in too. So to make the cost "sellable" for the show, you would have to produce 200 - 300. It is easier for the 'show attendee" to pay 60 - 75 bucks for a show car instead of $200.00 or more for a show engine.

Doesn't matter if it is a show engine or show car.... it is tough to predict if it will sell out. Everyone has their favorite road name that has never been made but not EVERYONE agrees it is their favorite. I have been shocked as to what sold out and what did not. I truly thought last years show car would sell out but it didn't. The Nickel Plate covered gon totally shocked me as quick as it went out the door.

GRR7315
Associate Member

Show locomotives

Post by GRR7315 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:24 pm

I for one liked the show engines, local eastern rr's: LV & D&H - if kept on the website they surelly would go!

I bought both pair and over the years, sold off, only to want them again and it is a slow and expensive project to find them again. The D&H RS-3's I have yet to find!

Mark Oles
Associate Member

Post by Mark Oles » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Harry,

Speaking only for myself, I prefer the gons, hoppers and boxcars with doors that open.

I think the gons sold out so quickly because they were a road that would fit in to a wide area of modeling and they are 'useful'.

Perhaps flat cars could be considered? Maybe some Reading green flats? Or how about some black Reading or Reading and Northern gons... I'm concede that New Haven wouldn't be popular enough..

Edward J. Halo
Associate Member

Post by Edward J. Halo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 pm

I'd just love to see the Fall show return. ( I like the PCC)
Ed
ejhalo

Dave Reed
Associate Member

Show Car SOLD OUT

Post by Dave Reed » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:52 am

Hi All
The Show car sold out in the first day.:eek::eek: They are taken orders for a second run of 100. :):) I think with different road numbers.:confused::confused:
Dave
Growing up is MANDATORY;/Growing OLD is OPTIONAL :)

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Well that is great news about the Show Cars: Harry must be delighted.

This, being the first non-Aristo Show Harry has done, as you all know, will give him great encouragement for the Fall Show. :)
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

BRUCE A.
Associate Member

Post by BRUCE A. » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:18 pm

It was a great show Thanks Bruce

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Bearing in mind that the Fall Show is an all scale Show maybe something suitable for all scales is what is needed. After all a large scale car isn't going to be of great appeal to many modeling HO or N gauge.;)
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Larry Otis
Associate Member

Post by Larry Otis » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 am

How about PINs to go along with the show cars.
LAO