2013???

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Edward J. Halo
Associate Member

2013???

Post by Edward J. Halo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

What is the possibility of a Fall Show in York this year??
Ed Halo
ejhalo

JGallaway81
Associate Member

Post by JGallaway81 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 am

Edward, funny you should ask............ we'll have to wait and see.
J.D. Gallaway - http://about.me/jgallaway81
---------------------------------------------
A Division of the Freedom Central Corporation (FCCorp.US)

Joe Sova
Associate Member

Post by Joe Sova » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 am

Edward J. Halo wrote:What is the possibility of a Fall Show in York this year??
Ed Halo
I asked Harry Hartman about the possibility of a Fall Show. He will be looking into this. Scott Polk told me that Harry is responsible for making this decision. Keep your hopes up! ;):)

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 am

If the US economy keeps picking up maybe it could happen. But I think it takes more than six months to book and organize the venue.

But you Stateside guys can keep your fingers crossed just in case. Oh! and of course start saving up the pennies/dimes whatever. ;)

We are still treading water, if not sinking over here. :eek:
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Peter Eaton
Associate Member

Post by Peter Eaton » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:57 am

Probably will be attending the National in Tampa May 2014 so I would love to see a fall ECLSTS in 2014! Pete
Pete

Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:17 pm

HONESTLY I have not decided what to do as of today. I have SOME vendors that would like to come to a Fall Show and I have SOME individuals that would like to see a FALL show. But I need more than SOME. I will need to send out a info letter to the vendors to see what kind of a response I will get. With the economics of the event, there would not be a good reason to hold the show if I could not fill the vendors hall with more than half.

IF there will be a Fall show, it will be ONE HALL and it will be run by H & K Productions, not JJ Productions.

I had my ear 'bent' on the topic of the Fall show by many people and several vendors. We even discussed a multi scale show. We have NOT decided on anything yet.

There are several things I have to consider that I don't even have to think about for the SPRING show but WILL have to consider for the FALL show.

I would HOPE that I can give everyone a clear cut answer by May 1, 2013.

I do know the ONLY weekend that is available is September 20 and 21. All the other weekends as well as ALL the buildings are BOOKED from August 1 through the middle of November.

Many will be quick to jump on the 'band wagon' to tell me MOVE the show to a different site. You don't realize what all you have to consider in the selection of a site for the show. I am sure you don't want to end up paying $20.00 a person or more or charging the vendors 4-6 hundred a booth for a show in the cities as well as PAY FOR PARKING. Plus some of the 'other' fair grounds do not have hotel/motels near by. You might have to drive 20 to 30 miles to get a room to stay over night. A one day show is just not 'do-able' for several of the larger vendors or vendors that have to travel long distances to come to the show.

So as you see, it is not a very easy decision, plus I do not want to go in the hole with the show either. If we could break even or make a buck or two, that would be much better.

Thank you for your comments at the show and on here.

Thanks for your support of the shows!
Harry Hartman

JGallaway81
Associate Member

Post by JGallaway81 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:34 pm

In all honesty Harry, while the modeller in me would love the opportunity to have a fall show, the pragmatic side says just hold off until the economy picks up better. I don't pretent to have the insight that you do, having managed the shows for... how many years now? But I just don't think that in the current economic climate, a fall show would benefit anyone in the long term, and realistically, the long term health of our hobby what these shows are supposed to help promote, aren't they?

Just one train nut's opinion.

This isn't to say that if there was a fall show I wouldn't come, on the other hand, I can't guarantee I would attend either.

-J.D.

JGallaway81
Associate Member

Post by JGallaway81 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 pm

In all honesty Harry, while the modeller in me would love the opportunity to have a fall show, the pragmatic side says just hold off until the economy picks up better. I don't pretent to have the insight that you do, having managed the shows for... how many years now? But I just don't think that in the current economic climate, a fall show would benefit anyone in the long term, and realistically, the long term health of our hobby what these shows are supposed to help promote, aren't they?

Just one train nut's opinion.

This isn't to say that if there was a fall show I wouldn't come, on the other hand, I can't guarantee I would attend either.

That all said, I would like to thank you for your open candor on the topic and sharing with us some of the variables that go into the decision tree. One thing many of us forget, especially those of us with a long track record of attendance with the show, just because we have been there every year for five or more years straight, that doesn't make us experts on what goes on behind the scenes.

A Happy Easter to you and yours.

-J.D.

Edward J. Halo
Associate Member

Post by Edward J. Halo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 pm

I'll keep my hopes up.

Thanks to all.
Ed
ejhalo

Edward J. Halo
Associate Member

NO Fall Show

Post by Edward J. Halo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Insider for May-June 2013. No Fall show in York. Regrettable