Fall 2012 ECLSTS CANCELLED

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Fall 2012 ECLSTS CANCELLED

Post by Harry Hartman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 am

The Fall 2012 ECLSTS has been Cancelled!:(

After much discussion with the vendors and several of you that attended the show, and with the state of the economy with RISING gas prices, we at JJ Productions have decided it would be better to CANCEL the Fall ECLSTS. JJ Productions is committed to providing you with a QUALITY show and it was becoming apparent that it was not going to be the QUALITY of show you are used to. So as stated above, we decided to cancel the Fall show until further notice.

This will NOT have any affect on the 2013 SPRING SHOW. IT WILL GO ON as planned. Those dates for the Spring 2013 show are March 22nd and 23rd.

I know there are some of you that were really hoping the show would continue, but after several lengthily discussions with vendors and some that attended the show, it was apparent that we should cancel the show.

With the rising cost of fuel, it was putting a "pinch" on the money available to GO to the show, To go to the show and spend some money buying items we needed for our displays and the fuel necessary for vendors to get to the show.

If you have made room reservations for the show, you will need to call and ceancel those reservations.

We thank you for your continued support of our show and hope you will plan on coming to the 2013 ECLSTS.

J Garry
Associate Member

Post by J Garry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:16 am

Harry, Since the show was canceled how about doing something special for the spring show. Like the coaling tower Aristo has already designed and to keep cost down do it as a kit. This way we can spend more on engines and cars with the dealers which will make them happy. Also doing it as a kit will keep Aristo's cost way down for shipping.. With the new boss trying things a little this should work well all around. Jack

BruceBotti
Associate Member

Post by BruceBotti » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 am

Harry,
I am sorry to hear that the Fall show is being canceled. I am disappointed, but I can certainly understand that it was a decision that you really didn't want to make.

As a newbie, I thought the show was very busy with a lot of people buying. There was a constant line of folks leaving the building with arms full of goodies. Many (myself included) made several trips to the car. How did this years show compare to previous years? Again, as a newbie it was hard for me to judge.

Thanks again for putting on a great show and I hope to see you all again next spring!

Bruce

Nico Corbo
Associate Member

Post by Nico Corbo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:01 am

I think I just shed a tear. Now what do I have to look forward to in the fall?
Nico Corbo
Pocono Mountain Garden Railway Society
http://WWW.PMGRRS.COM
PMGRRS@yahoo.com

Marty Cozad
Associate Member

Post by Marty Cozad » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Harry
sorry to hear this, but,, NOW you and Kathy are very welcome to come to our 10 anv open house this year. Friday - Sunday here

Is it real? or just 1:29th scale ?
Long Live Outdoor Model railroading.

Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Really Marty. Whare do you live??? As Ron Wenger would say, it takes Harry two weeks to ride the mules out just to check the mail, so how long would it take me to ride the mules to your home? hmmmmmmmmmmmm If I started now, I might make it by then?

Send me the particulars about your 10th anniversary. You have my email!

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Harry,

I forgot you kept mules. ;)

I would interested in knowing their names. The real names by the way, when they are on their best behavior. :D
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Marty Cozad
Associate Member

Post by Marty Cozad » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Harry
its open to any Aristonuts, even TATE.
Sept 21st to 23rd
we live just south of Nebraska City, thats 45 mins south of Omaha,,go on I 29 then cross the river.

Look up Nebraska City and that will give you the info.

Friday set up and run trains , many folks bring food in the shop, (pot-luck)
3 PM group photo under bridge sat
Sat banguet 6 PM pre register
Any one who comes Thrusday must help clean RR if needed before any trains can run.
Sunday hang out and relax.
Sat is the crazy day
motels get full around here fast.
we have small dealers and classified tables.

we run from sun up to past sun down.
double live steam tracks and now 1" scale ride on.

If you need help, there will be someone here who knows the answers.

Is it real? or just 1:29th scale ?
Long Live Outdoor Model railroading.

Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Just what I need Marty .... the answer man. I have tons of questions for the Answer man!

I gather it is a small town and everyone know everyone and no one can sneak in.

Hmmmmmmmm clean up day.... man I need a clean up day here too.

Seems like my 'honey do's ' list has clean up on it everyday. I dont understand the one that says clean up my act? ???? I thought I was chuging right along with everyone. hmmmmmmm I will need toget her to explain that one to me.

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:50 am

There are also several qualified Mule care takes on the grounds for your convenience to help you.:D Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern