Some Photos from FALL ECLSTS

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Ron B
Associate Member

Post by Ron B » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Marty Cozad wrote:Mark

I heard from 3 different folks that there is not a show planned for next fall? is that true???

Where those the same people that told you the show closed early???
May need to start taking their "info" with a huge bag of salt :D:D

Ron

Marty Cozad
Associate Member

Post by Marty Cozad » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 pm

I wonder that to, I was so busy with our guest , I did not Q the details. I do know a number of folks recieved calls from the show just checking in. Many good things was said also.
But this is one I personally wanted to find out.
we had 61 at our banquet, encluded a fellow from Japan. I am really honored.
around 250 through out the 3 days.
I don't care about the numbers, but the wife has to know how much food to keep on hand.

The only problem I had on the new steam loop was the brass Aristo track in Amer ties. There was just too much side to side play when it warmed up.
the alum Aristo rail in Euro ties had no problems at all.

I thought it would be the other way around.
We had over 18 live steamers there at once.

Sorry, talk to much.

Is it real? or just 1:29th scale ?
Long Live Outdoor Model railroading.

Mark Oles
Associate Member

Post by Mark Oles » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Marty,

Sounds like you had an awesome gathering! A couple of us were talking about what a good guy you are at the show, so your ears must have been burning. Were we wrong? Think you'll make it back to the East Coast any time soon?

Kevin Yutz
Associate Member

Post by Kevin Yutz » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:23 am

Did the PPLX hoppers all sell out?? Really wanted to be there but just couldnt swing it!

Ron B
Associate Member

Post by Ron B » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:25 am

I think there were some left but not certain.
The last I checked at 2pm on Saturday they had 25 left.

I think the main reason was because of the plastic wheels and no coal load.
If either would have been included for the $50 they would had sold out on Friday for sure.

There were long lines at the start both days. Most of the people I spoke with while in line said the cost of $85 per car kept the multiple purchases down.

I don't know if that's a good thing on not. On the one hand everyone who wanted a car got one, so that's a good thing. They did not sell out and if that prevents aristo from making more, then that's a bad thing.

I am a big PRR fan so I was very happy with the 2 sets I picked up, Aristo did a great job with these cars.

Ron

Andy Stobie
Associate Member

Post by Andy Stobie » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:13 pm

SO glad to hear you're keeping both the Fall and Spring show! Where else can we keep up with Larry Otis' great stories, talk with the Aristo team in person, and see Navin's priceless reaction to my small screwdrivers... "...REALLY..???" (you had to be there...)

Kevin Yutz
Associate Member

Post by Kevin Yutz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Since i talked about it here....i found a show car!

Aristo themselves had only 2 left.....so i picked up one for my collection. Seeing Mark Oles's layout with them i had to have one, considering I painted/decaled my own newer style PPLX hopper.

Thanks aristo for the great customer service!

Ward Hutton
Associate Member

Post by Ward Hutton » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Kevin,
Did you have a couple of your gondolas at Mark's? I was admiring what looked like a load of metal shavings and Mark said "That's one of Kevin's cars". I looked around but did not spot you. Was wondering what you used to make that load. Was it actual metal shavings? It looked real good.
Regards,
Ward
www.golddawg.com "The Last Thing I Need Is More Trains. On The Other Hand, I Want More Trains!"

Kevin Yutz
Associate Member

Post by Kevin Yutz » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 am

Ward Hutton wrote:Kevin,
Did you have a couple of your gondolas at Mark's? I was admiring what looked like a load of metal shavings and Mark said "That's one of Kevin's cars". I looked around but did not spot you. Was wondering what you used to make that load. Was it actual metal shavings? It looked real good.
Yes! Those Conrail gondolas were mine that were there. Took I believe was one of Marty's drawings on them and modded it a bit for my liking and those are what came out. Oddly enough Ward...look at your local Lowe's for landscape edging. Its the stuff that goes between your grass and mulchbeds. I had to cut it with a utility knife a bit to make it fit good but its great. It's a rubber material so it can be painted very easily. I think i bought the roll for like $10 and i have enough to do probably 10 more cars from that. The great part is its very flexible so you can make it look like piles within the car really easy!

I painted it a brilliant silver and then on the one car took some brown and ran over it quick to give it a more rusted look.

Mark Oles
Associate Member

Post by Mark Oles » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Kevin,

I know you didn't want to wreck your conrail gon, but the bent up hand rails look soooo prototypical!! Before you repair, take a pic or two and post. I shoulda got one on Sunday..