FALL 2009 ECLSTS Vendor Listings

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Harry Hartman
Associate Member

FALL 2009 ECLSTS Vendor Listings

Post by Harry Hartman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am

Below is the list of vendors that have committed to coming to the FALL ECLSTS on September 25th and 26th. This list has changed daily. For the past 5 days, we have received phone calls about booth availability and we have added one more vendor each day.

As of August 26th, this is the list of vendors for the FALL ECLSTS.

Alternative Terrain Garden Railway Design & Landscaping
American Lawn Lights
American Rails
Aristo Craft Trains
B & B hobby Supplies
Bachmann Industries
Bridgewerks
Charles Ro/USA Trains
Colorado Model
DALLEE Electronics Inc
Eaglewing Iron Craft
G Scale Junction *
Garden Railways Magazine
Hartland Locomotive Works
Jamies Collectibles
Jig Stones
John's Train Supply & Repair
Just Plain Folk
Large Scale On Line/DMS
LarryGScale
MNP, Inc
Mainline Bridges
Michaels Custom Woodworking
Mike Setzer Hobbies
MTH Electric Trains
N Pire Models
Nicholas Smith
P & R Hobbies
QSI Sound Solutions
RCS of New England
R Y Models
SJT Enterprizes/Wireless Cam
Santana's Miniatures
Shawmut Car Shops
Sidetrack Hobbies
Southeast Train Company
Split Jaw Products Inc
St Aubin Station/Action Hobby
Star Hobby
Toltec Images
Town & Country Collectables
Train-LI-USA
Train World
Trains by Frank and Anne
Tuscarura Creek Miniatures **
Vanco Log Dollhouses
Woo Woo Express Company

* New additions to the list as of Sept 1-2009
** New addition to the list as of Sept 9, 2009

As you can see, many vendors are returning for our first FALL SHOW and we have some new ones. Be sure to let ALL of them know, you are glad they came. :)

Remember, If you do not see your favorite vendor in the list, then contact them and tell them you would really like to see them at this show.

This is our first FALL Show, many vendors are excited to be there and we hope you will be as excited to be there too! Excited enough to bring some friends with you to introduce them to the hobby and the show.

I will post any changes to this list as they happen.

Bill Lancellotti
Associate Member

Post by Bill Lancellotti » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:28 am

Harry,

After comparing the Vendor List with the one from the Spring, I am disappointed that Phoenix Sound Systems and RAM Track are not coming back.

Creekside

John Axle
Associate Member

Post by John Axle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:45 am

i think there at least 35 vendors short of ECLSTS but it is the 1st one i will not attend cause always the same layouts for the last 5 years nothing new? why wont you guys let new layouts in?:confused:
John

Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:38 pm

John,

We have 2 new displays this show. We have two guys, as we speak, that are building a display for this show and we also have a new group from NJ that will display.
Two of the displays from the past are expanding.

Aristo Craft will have a 20 by 30 display to demo the REVOLUTION in the display hall.

As for getting other new displays.. we take information from various clubs interested in displaying at these shows. When we have contacted them about displaying, they are way short on man power that weekend or have already committed to displaying somewhere else at that date.

We have room this show for 3 more NEW club displays but no one is available.

Bob MacGregor
Associate Member

Post by Bob MacGregor » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:55 pm

John Axle wrote:i think there at least 35 vendors short of ECLSTS but it is the 1st one i will not attend cause always the same layouts for the last 5 years nothing new? why wont you guys let new layouts in?:confused:
John
Hi John Axle,
May I suggest that you build your own layout, say 30' X 60', put two or three main lines on it. Make it portable, storeable, scenicable, and designed so that you can alternate setup patterns. Find a building with heat and electricity, buy a trailer or two to store/transport it in, buy a vehicle that can tow the trailer/s and transport people. Find a few retirees that have plenty of cash, time, talent, and the desire to make it all work!!! Did I get my point across???? I hope so!!!
We have been doing this show since the 1st, have we seen some changes, I think so!!!!
Bob MacGregor
Central CT G Gaugers

John Axle
Associate Member

Post by John Axle » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Bob. your layout is nice but thats the reason i dont go every year, cause its the same thing every year not worth it for me to drive 5 and half hours to see same displays in the same spots every year... DID I GET MY POINT ACROSS.........:cool:
John

KenBurkinshaw
Associate Member

fun is where you make it

Post by KenBurkinshaw » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:05 pm

:)John

I am not quite sure what you are looking for. I've never set up at the ECLSTS, because it is a lot of work, and a long way away from where we live. But....... talking to one of the biggest gatherings of large scale hobbyists, and seeing the offerings of this many large scale vendors is always worth the trip. It seems you have some kind of an ax to drive (grind?), rather than enjoy the company of other large scale folks.

Cal Best
Associate Member

Post by Cal Best » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Thank you Bob and all of the others who do take the time to put up such elaborate displays for the shows. I have been to four shows so far and I have found something new each time I go. I try to look for something new each show to bring back and incorporate into my yard and so far it has worked great. Looking forward to my fifth later this month. Thanks Harry for listing the vendors so I can pre plan my spending.

John Axle
Associate Member

Post by John Axle » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:10 am

No axle to grind just asked a question and Harry was kind enough to answer it thank you Harry. O and i dont go to the show to Hob Knob just to see the displays... thats why im interested in different things year to year..

Bob MacGregor
Associate Member

Post by Bob MacGregor » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi John and others,
Having chatted with many folk in attendance at the ECLSTS, I became aware that there is a wide spectrum of special interests among these folks.
The Central CT G Gaugers layout has always been different each year however the differences are primarily minor improvements and not obvious to the general observer. The increasing cost of all materials involved in building layouts has forced us to reconsider all changes and improvements and concentrate on the most beneficial ones. We do a lot of small local train shows in southern New England and we are starting on a program to replace our modules due to wear and tear and smaller radius curves on our current modules. Money and time are the controling factors along with an aging membership and no new younger members.