Breaking NEWS!

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Ward Hutton
Associate Member

Post by Ward Hutton » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 pm

Mark,
We enjoyed the open house tour last year and hope to do it again this year. Please be sure to post it here on the forum as the time gets closer.
Regards,
Ward
www.golddawg.com "The Last Thing I Need Is More Trains. On The Other Hand, I Want More Trains!"

Ron Wenger
Associate Member

Post by Ron Wenger » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 pm

For those of you who don't know the Winchester Western operates several thousand cars and in this area (Winchester, VA, Martinsburg, WV and Hagerstown, MD) they operate on track that runs from Gore, Va, to Hagerstown, MD via Martinsburg, and do most of the industrial switching in those areas that comprise three states. They also operate about 20 miles of track in NJ and switch for three glass plants. They haul mostly sand used for glass making, but also do enough general freight that covers everything from Oil to Coal and lumber as well as finished goods. Another large portion of their freight comes from a fiberglass insulation plant south of Martinsburg. I understand they have a rather large operation in Canada that eclipses the US Operations. They are owned by a sand mining company.

I have seen the WW cars as far away as a Grade Crossing near Fort Churchill in NV and in a Yard in Salt Lake City, my Brother has seen them in yards in CA so they do get around quite a bit and will not look out of place on any layout.

Even though I am downsizing, I plan on getting at least four of these.

Ron
Ron Wenger
Chief Engineer, Crooked & Weedy Railway
"The Route to Poverty"
Martinsburg, WV
Founding Member ISLSMR

Glenn Habrial
Associate Member

Ww 4008

Post by Glenn Habrial » Tue May 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Saw this today and I know I have one at home. I caught this at Ridgefield Park NJ at noon on a southbound CSX train
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Tue May 13, 2014 8:12 pm

I have two of these cars.. They were available a couple of years a ago from the East coast show. Nice cars. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Tue May 13, 2014 8:57 pm

My Dad worked for their parent company (Olin) when I was growing up. It always amazed me the things that WW did to support their business.
---Hutch

Ward Hutton
Associate Member

Post by Ward Hutton » Wed May 14, 2014 1:14 am

Nice catch Glenn!
I ended up with 6 of these cars from the show. I have the set of 4 on display in my office and they do get comments. I always planned on adding some of Stan's graffiti decals to them.
Fun to see this thread resurrected.
Regards,
Ward
www.golddawg.com "The Last Thing I Need Is More Trains. On The Other Hand, I Want More Trains!"

Glenn Habrial
Associate Member

2009 Fall ECLSTS

Post by Glenn Habrial » Wed May 14, 2014 1:13 pm

check out the front of this thread: it is the introduction of this car.

Joe Paonessa
Associate Member

Post by Joe Paonessa » Fri May 16, 2014 2:07 am

I hate to say this out loud. I usually don't like show cars. I run modern mainly and most don't appeal to me. This one looks great. I will be after some. Now if I could just make it to the show! Very nice job. It is great that they have modern RB trucks on them with metal wheels!!

Tom Ball
Associate Member

Breacking NEWS !

Post by Tom Ball » Sat May 17, 2014 12:32 am

Harry Hartman,

How are you doing,

Hope you are feeling much better now!!!!

I see you are making a new car for the Fall Show.

But, why are we going to have the same car again and color (Yellow) ?

I have these from another show from York, Pa. with Aristo craft ?

If you are doing it again, change the Color, Black, Orange, Green ??

And the same railroad name WW Winchester & Western, NOT (Yellow)

Number's 4002. But its your Show !!!!!!!!

Tom Ball

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Sat May 17, 2014 7:31 am

Tom.

This a 2009 thread which has been resurrected. That was a previous Show Car. The Fall Show is all scales, so no Show Car I do not believe.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)