Breaking NEWS!

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.
Tom Thornton
Associate Member

Post by Tom Thornton » Mon May 18, 2009 1:58 am

Ward Hutton wrote:Great looking car!!! I see these cars all the time as the WW is the shortline servicing the glass plant I work in as well as others in the area. Here are some pics of their local motive power and yard office. I have been wanting to paint a GP unit I have to match one of these. A string of yellow WW hopper cars will give me the motivation to do so.

RJ, Tom, Got you guys covered!
Thanks Ward. Sharp looking car. I will have to check with the CFO if funds will be in place next fall. Yea I only work here.

Tom Thornton

Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Mon May 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Marty,

Dont tell anyone but I just bought one of the new Wagner Spray Painter and JUST HAD to try it out on something. ..... I think I will need a smaller spraying needle before I attempt some 1/29th goodies.

I really think it will be a HIT

Just make sure you dont tell anyone I am testing my new Wagner sprayer...

now Marty, see, you just went and told several people. :eek:

BTW why dont you let me cut up your next project. I just sharpened my axe and chain saw. They will almost cut through warm butter so they should work well on your plastics.

HH

John Mikesh

Post by John Mikesh » Mon May 18, 2009 7:08 pm

R.J DeBerg wrote:Harry: By any chance will this car have the new design pad to accommodate the Kadee coupler or the new AC Kuppler? Later RJD
This is the standard covered hopper and has not had any upgrades or changes made to it. One special thing we did because its a show car and a modern paint scheme was to put the roller bearing trucks on it.

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Mon May 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks John. It still be a great addition and I do love those roller bearing trucks:). One thing I also notice on the 1 to 1 car that Harry posted is it looks like this may be a cement hopper due to the round hatches. That would be cool for the next up date to the car.:D Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Mon May 18, 2009 7:54 pm

I dont think that will happen, the rond hatches. Sorry if My picture misslead you. Standard run hopper with different graphics (Winchester & Western) and the MODERN FRIEGHT Trucks. Ordered with Metal Wheels.

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Mon May 18, 2009 11:50 pm

Harry it did not mislead. Just an observation of the 1 to 1 car. As I mentioned down the road this would be a nice change to make to the car.:D Later RJD

John Mikesh

Post by John Mikesh » Wed May 20, 2009 6:42 pm

R.J DeBerg wrote:Thanks John. It still be a great addition and I do love those roller bearing trucks:). One thing I also notice on the 1 to 1 car that Harry posted is it looks like this may be a cement hopper due to the round hatches. That would be cool for the next up date to the car.:D Later RJD
the real cars are used for sand service.

Ward Hutton
Associate Member

Post by Ward Hutton » Thu May 21, 2009 12:08 am

Here in South Jersey a lot of the covered hopper cars that WW runs are ex cement cars with the round hatches, that have been refurbished and put into use for carrying sand. On the cab ride I took there were 34 100 ton covered hoppers coming out of the SJ sand plants that day. If I heard it correctly, these ex-cement cars are restricted from main line service but can still run local.
Regards,
Ward
www.golddawg.com "The Last Thing I Need Is More Trains. On The Other Hand, I Want More Trains!"

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Sat May 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks Ward. I new the cars looked to clean to still be in the cement hauling mode;). May have to get a couple this go around. Later RJD

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Post by Doug Cannon » Sun May 24, 2009 6:03 pm

AND with Modern freight trucks with metal factory wheels installed ..... Coooool !! :)

Oh yeah, both our (volunteers) webmaster and society newsletter editor did post the ECLSTS dates within the upcoming events calendar !

Link to the CMRS other events page (scroll down to bottom section) ;
http://www.calgarymodelrailway.ca/events.html

doug c

. . . . it sure would be nice to be able to put the dollars together to attend this yrs Fall ECLSTS, and at least acquire one of these cars, but funding is already an issue, as i'll be laid up for at least a couple wks already, after a sched' hernia op' a couple days after the show weekend ! there is always next yr :)