2015 Fall show?

Discussion forum for Fall ECLSTS.

2015 Fall show?

Postby KenBurkinshaw » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 am

Did anyone attend the all scale show at York this Year. I haven't heard a word about it, and wonder if it even happened? If anyone did attend, a few posted pictures, and a quick report would be greatly appreciated. :confused:
KenBurkinshaw
Associate Member

Re: 2015 Fall show?

Postby Jim Donohue » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:07 pm

Ken, on Friday evening I saw that Navin was going to be in York and wanted to talk to him about an issue with my E-8. So I went on Saturday morning. There were about 50 people there! I greeted Harry and he looked dismayed from the lack of people. The vendors who were there all obviously spent a lot of time setting up their "stores" and I can't imagine that they would return for a 2016 Fall Show. It looks like G-Scale can only support one show a year. The limited other scales did not draw either vendors or attendees. But quality time speaking with Navin about all things G-scale - priceless!
Jim Donohue
Associate Member

Postby Cal Best » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:35 pm

I know you do not want to hear this but pix are all over on Facebook. As well as postings by RLD Hobbies at the outdoor layout he created behind his store. That is where it is currently happening.
Cal Best
Associate Member

Postby MParsons » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:37 am

Didn't go this year because I was busy securing my layout (taking much of it apart) in advance of the hurricane that hit South Carolina. However, the train show wasn't high on my "radar" because there was almost no publicity coming my way. I am certain that I had provided my email address in prior years but got nothing about the show via email. What I am suggesting is that low turnout may be caused by the (then) forthcoming hurricane Juoaqin and insufficient publicity.

If not for the hurricane I would probably have gone anyway.
MParsons
Associate Member

Postby Mike Moran » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:22 pm

I was there as a vendor. It did seem to have very low attendance but my sales were up from the year before.
Mike
Mike Moran
Associate Member

Postby Doug Cannon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Mike Moran wrote:I was there as a vendor. It did seem to have very low attendance but my sales were up from the year before.
Mike

THAT is good to hear !

Oh yeah, granted I would not travel all that way for a 'all-scales' show (we have our own up here), but looking at the fall eclsts thread posting dates I seem to see no 2015 postings, till this one started by Ken !

And since it is now 'all-scales' I personally think it would be more appropriate to call it, ECASTS or simply ECTS !

imho,
doug c
" G-gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! " djc'99
Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Postby MParsons » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:16 am

I spoke to several other G Scaler's I know in the south and up through Virginia. Many said that they had intended to go, even with so little notice, but the hurricane put off their plans. I hope this year's low attendance was an aberration due to the bad weather.
MParsons
Associate Member

Return to Fall ECLSTS