Mikes CNR

Mike Gibson
Associate Member

Mikes CNR

Post by Mike Gibson » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Well with all the bad news I thought I'd post up something positive. I'm pretty new to G scale, but I got into it because of Aristocraft and the product they used to offer. All I have is AC and I hope to be running it for a long time (stocked up on motor blocks for my FA/B and E8's). For a bit of a tribute to AC I decided to pull out my entire fleet. Just the exception of my E8's. With 5' diameter curves on my deck that just wouldn't work. I did the prep work for my garden line this summer, and I get to start the fun stuff next spring. I have all the track I need for phase 1. The main line minimum diameter curves will be 12.5'. I'll finally have permanent place to run my E8's. Plans and more pictures to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 pm

That looks like you have a good fleet to get you going Mike. Running trains this afternoon brought home to me how much pleasure I have had in the last eight years with my Aristo (mainly) trains and of course the good friends I have made here.

Memories are golden and should be cherished I firmly believe. :)
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 pm

By the looks of the size of that yard you could make a gigantic layout Mike :eek:
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

Mike Gibson
Associate Member

Post by Mike Gibson » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:14 pm

My yard is 2.5 acres in the family quarter (180 acres). Lots of room. Only limited by the wallet. Mine isn't big enough. Today I had the A/B, 14 cars, and a caboose. More train than track, literally.:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Gibson
Associate Member

Post by Mike Gibson » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 pm

One more...

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:34 pm

The wallet is always the killer Mike......never enough. :mad:
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

David Gerancher
Associate Member

Post by David Gerancher » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:10 am

Well Mike, you have a great start there, and, I can't wait to see what you build next Spring. It certainly looks like both you and I keep Art Knapp Trains busy. I buy all my Canadian Pacific stuff there. Thanks for sharing sir.

Later,
Dave
Dave Gerancher CEO/Kathy Gerancher CFO, CP Southern

Mike Gibson
Associate Member

Post by Mike Gibson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Yup. I enjoy chatting with Bob every time I put in an order. Good guy to deal with. He said he is still sitting on a large stockpile, and he's not even sure what he has in the wear house. I do a lot of snowmobiling in Fernie BC, so I make a point of stoping in at Ultimate Trains in Nanton every time I head down as well.

Nick Perrin
Associate Member

Post by Nick Perrin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 am

Mike , I have been to both of their stores and Bob and Tony are good people for sure. Yes Bob does love to talk.
If you ever get out to Ontario be sure to check out Winona garden railway, John is an excellent guy with an amazing knowledge of G scale..
With Aristo Craft closing I am sure that there will be some great deals at the dealers at least I hope so.

Mike Gibson
Associate Member

Post by Mike Gibson » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:41 am

Not sure if I'll ever get out to Ontario but I got my 2 bay hoppers from Winona when they had a sale. Not sure if it was John I talked to but I'd order from them again for sure.