Re: Oliver & North Fork Railroad

Post by KenBurkinshaw » Sat May 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Alan I'm glad to see you still post

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Mon May 08, 2017 7:42 am

Hello Ken,
Like many of the folks that posted and enjoyed this place in the past some of us are still looking in and making the occasional post.
Obviously without any new Aristo products to get enthusiastic about there remains little to discuss. It does seem that the large scale hobby is contracting coupled with the fact that too many of us are getting older and finding the maintenance, which usually features movements and positions of our bodies that are not so easily achieved anymore, it is good to know that many still soldier on. ;)
I read a post from you some while ago suggesting that you were downsizing: I hope you still manage to enjoy what you still have.
No real changes here for a long while, just the occasional addition of a car now and again but I do have a little neighbour, who is now four years old, to share some of the fun that garden railways bring. My own grandchildren are far too old to be interested - some too far away - but given time they might return to the simpler pleasures of life. :D
best wishes, Ken
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Wed May 10, 2017 11:32 am

Nice to see a few names here that are still with the AC group. Yep so few to post due to no new items and no new RR being built. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Wed May 10, 2017 11:50 am

Guess we're all just getting too old, RJ

Cal Best
Associate Member

Post by Cal Best » Wed May 10, 2017 1:35 pm

The youngsters (and some of us oldsters) are over on Facebook where there are a couple of great G Scale groups. Lewis is over there also.

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Where on Facebook, CAl??

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Wed May 10, 2017 5:41 pm

I ventured, for the second time recently, on Facebook. I did not really see anything other than pics of railroads, many of which I recognised. The problem with F/B, as I see it, is the dross that gets mixed up with the interesting parts. I lasted around two weeks.
If it is advice you need then the traditional fora, such as, MLS, LSC and occasionally here, are the better places in my view.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Cal Best
Associate Member

Post by Cal Best » Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 am

While what Allen says is basically correct there are also some good sites.....I have bought stuff posted on GScale.net. I found out about Lewis having a heart attack and now recovering on Facebook...There are other sites there I visit and will write them down the next time and post them if you are interested. Lots of southern folks (Georgia Florida etc) are on. Some names I remember from here.....ie Rocky Allguire....

smcgill
Associate Member

Post by smcgill » Thu May 11, 2017 10:16 am

What 's facebook? :confused:
I'm lucky I can do The forums... :p
I look hear most days....

Cal Best
Associate Member

Post by Cal Best » Thu May 11, 2017 10:17 pm

www.facebook.com

G Scale Swap and Shop
GScale.Net
G-Scale - Garden Trains

Many of the people who were regulars here are active on facebook....Robbie Dascott who is a regular vendor at ECLSTS is very active there. Not trying to demean this site but with the closing of Aristo it is only a matter of time....