Revolution won't start up

Stix Cook
Associate Member

Revolution won't start up

Post by Stix Cook » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello all, I have a problem with my Revolution TE (Revo). I do not get any reading on the screen when I push the ON/OFF button.

Over the holidays, I operated the system without any problems, running 3 trains at the same time using the Revo for control. New batteries were put in the Revo at the start of the running period. At the end of the run, the trains were all backed into the train house and the system was shut down normally.

A couple days ago, I want to run a couple trains to check out some switch adjustment work I did. When I got things all ready to go, I pushed the ON/OFF button and got nothing on the screen. I put in new batteries and still got nothing. I put in another set of new batteries and got nothing, again. I checked the voltage of the batteries and got 1.37 vdc on each one.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m not one to start taking it apart (I’m not electrical savvy).

Thank you all,
Stix

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Re: Revolution won't start up

Post by Ed Headington » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:44 am

Stix, if you are getting 1.37 volts/battery, are those rechargeable ones?? If so, try some regular alkaline batteries just to see if they might work (I'm just making a wild guess here). Alkalines start out fresh with over 1.5 volts/battery. Just a thought, but you might check to see if they might work. I agree, at 1.37 volts the transmitter ought to work, but I'm grasping at straws.

Ed

Stix Cook
Associate Member

Post by Stix Cook » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:49 am

Hi Ed, these batteries are alkaline and are NOT rechargeable. Thanks for thinking about this as I forgot to say so earlier.

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm still concerned about your 1.37 volts/battery, Stix. Can you try some with 1.5 volts each to make sure they don't work????

Ed

Stix Cook
Associate Member

Post by Stix Cook » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks, Ed, and I did change the 1.36 vdc batteries out with new (1.6 vdc) batteries (2 times!) but it still didn't work.
I have been in contact with Navin and will be sending the transmitter to him to see what's what with it.
I'll keep you posted.

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Sorry it wasn't something simple, Stix.

Stix Cook
Associate Member

Post by Stix Cook » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks, Ed. I feel the same way; I really like things simple, too!!

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Any up date to the problem? Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Stix Cook
Associate Member

Post by Stix Cook » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:01 am

RJD, I sent the Revo transmitter to Navin in New Jersey. According to the UPS website, It was 'out for delivery' to him today. I'm sure he will call when he has a chance to check it out. As I told Ed, I'll keep you all posted.
I can't run any trains at this time as I have half of my track removed from the roadbed and I am sealing and refinishing the roadbed (all of the track is above the ground) and replacing some rotted wood.
Thanx, Stix

Stix Cook
Associate Member

Post by Stix Cook » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:39 am

Well, I got a call from Navin the other day telling me there was a bad PC board in the transmitter and he replaced it and sent it back to me. He told me there was some moisture inside the case and I've been trying to figure out that could have happened. We have been very dry in Central FL since before New Years when my trains all ran beautifully then! Everything works very nicely now and I am happy!!

I'm still working on refinishing the wood roadbed on the layout so all of my track is not in operation at this time. I did get a loop set up to run the trains for testing the transmitter.

So, all is well at this time!!