Aristo Pacific

Sonny
Associate Member

Aristo Pacific

Post by Sonny » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:33 am

Being in G Scale for only a few years, I have a problem you fellow G Scalers might have experienced. I have an Aristo Pacific that ran very well that I installed a Crest TE a couple years ago. I was running it today and it was running very well and then it stopped dead in its tracks. Then the transmitter read overload. Having been in N Scale for many years, I am guessing a gear might have split binding the mechanism. Are the gears made of Nylon? Anybody have a similar problem and solve it? Looking at the exploded drawings, it looks complicated just to look at the gears. Being it was running so well I don't think it is the motor.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gareth Palmer
Associate Member

Re: Aristo Pacific

Post by Gareth Palmer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Sonny, aside from a couple of 0-4-0's in the Christmas color schemes, I run only diesels. That said, I have read a few posts over the years that reference the steam engines stopping suddenly. Many times, it is from one or more wheels coming loose (mounting screws loosen) and the wheels get out of quarters and the linkage/gear binds. I would check to see if this is the problem.

You can do a search (top right of screen) to find more detailed answers. While the activity on the Aristo Forum isn't what it used to be, I frequently search it when I have issues, and usually find the answers I need.

Good luck,
Gary

Sonny
Associate Member

Post by Sonny » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Thank you Gary for the speedy reply. I will check your advice.

Sonny

Sonny
Associate Member

Post by Sonny » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Gary,
I now have my Pacific running again, I just didn't give it enough time for the motor to cool so I kept getting the overload message on my TX. I just tested it for a couple minutes today. Maybe after a longer running time the motor might overload again, but then I will know it is the motor and not the gears.

smcgill
Associate Member

Post by smcgill » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:39 am

That is good to know. :)

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Might be more of a current draw than the receiver can handle over long period of time or to heavy of load. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

hutch
Associate Member

Post by hutch » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:03 pm

Seems like it takes forever for those over-current things to reset.
My 0-4-0 usually ends up on the shelf when I pull to many cars too long.