Revolution Transmitter signal strength and linking issues

Jim Carter
Associate Member

Revolution Transmitter signal strength and linking issues

Post by Jim Carter » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:46 am

Suddenly, last Saturday, while running my kitbashed 1/32nd scale GP40, battery powered, with Revolution diesel receiver, which uses USAT NW2 motor blocks, the transmitter lost linking and the train became a run-a-way. It had been run successfully many times previously.
I noticed that there were two locomotive names [L-31 & L-49] that would show up when pressing the "T" buttons. My GP40 name and cab # would not show up. I went through the process of relinking the locomotive receiver. The transmitter indicated a successful linking. As soon as I tried operating the engine, the L-31 showed back up.
Through name search, my GP40 was listed, but could not be accessed with the T buttons again. I then also noticed that the L-31 showed "not linked." Finally, I saw that the wireless strength was only one bar even though I was only a foot or two away. What could have caused this and what can be done about it? I thought about reseting the transmitter, but with no signal strength, it didn't seem like it would do any good. I tried calling Navin, but only got the answering machine.
Jim Carter

Sonny
Associate Member

Re: Revolution Transmitter signal strength and linking issue

Post by Sonny » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Were fresh batteries in your transmitter?

Jim Carter
Associate Member

Post by Jim Carter » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Sonny,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, the battery was OK. I spoke to Navin this morning. The problem was that somehow the SU/MU settings had been changed. It probably happened when I let someone else run it for a few minutes and I didn't notice it until I got ready to stop it.
JC

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Jim. That is a good thing to keep in the back of our minds. I suspect that situation could occur to any of us sometime.

Ed

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Post by Doug Cannon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:46 am

Thanks for the post !

Glad to hear you were able to finally connect with Navin and found the 'fix' !

doug c
" G-gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! " djc'99