Possible Uses for REVO Base Rx Functions

DAOlsen
Associate Member

Possible Uses for REVO Base Rx Functions

Post by DAOlsen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Hello again all,

I am continuing to explore my new REVO system and thinking about how best to apply it to my garden railroad. As of now I am planning to use:

Onboard Rx's with battery power for a couple of locos.
A base Rx to operate my unmodified locos.
A switch control Rx to operate a few turnouts.

I have been thinking about possible uses for the function outputs on the base Rx. I could use them to control some stationary sounds but another thought was to use some of them, via some sort of relay interface, to separately control power on a couple of sidings. This would allow me to park a second loco on a dead siding and change it out with another loco when desired directly from the REVO Tx.

Any thoughts on this or other ideas for using the base Rx functions would be appreciated.

Dennis

wayne jardine
Associate Member

Re: Possible Uses for REVO Base Rx Functions

Post by wayne jardine » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:37 am

Dennis

this the person to ask question, ( Dave Bopnar.com )he knows more that just about anyone about revo, their lots on his web site

DAOlsen
Associate Member

Re: Possible Uses for REVO Base Rx Functions

Post by DAOlsen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the response.

The web site you listed didn't work (typo) but it was close enough to jog my memory! Dave Bodnar's web site has a bunch of neat stuff.

His article on operating a relay with the REVO aux functions was just what I was looking for. I think I will do some experimenting and give it a try.

Thanks again,

Dennis