REVO USB with new sound fles

Jim Miller
Associate Member

REVO USB with new sound fles

Post by Jim Miller » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Wonder when we will see the USB R/C for sale to download new sound files for the REVO receivers. I have installed 6 diesel revo's with sound and now my RS3, FA's and U25B all sound the same. My consi, c16's and pacific sound the same. Need some verity ............Jim

Paul Norton
Associate Member

Post by Paul Norton » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:16 am

Last week when testing a new Revolution receiver with diesel sounds, I noticed it did not sound the horn and bell when the locomotive reached 20 percent power. Has anyone else noticed this?

I compared the receiver to the ones that I have, and it appears that chip labeled U5 on the bottom of the board may be different as it has a small red dot on it.

I tried to e-mail Navin at the Crest Electronics web site. But after typing all the information in the required fields, I could not find a send button.
Paul Norton
Ottawa Valley GRS

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:53 am

Neither of my installed nor neither of my uninstalled but tested diesel sound Revolutions automatically do any sounds. The sounds must be triggered from the transmitter. I need to get those last 2 installed before they spoil.
---Hutch

MParsons
Associate Member

Steam Sounds

Post by MParsons » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:48 pm

The Steam version does a nice sequence of sounds (as long as sounds are enabled, F1) when starting up, stopping (stop button) and standing - as well as the chuffs. Much more impressive than the diesel version.
And the only sounds that get triggered are the bell and whistle - the rest are "autonomous" but they are there.

Jim Miller
Associate Member

2014 eclsts

Post by Jim Miller » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Talked to Navin and he expects the down loadable sound files will be available in 2 months..............Jim

Bill C
Associate Member

Post by Bill C » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Wow That will be great!! Anyone know what the sound files will be?? Are the USB interfaces finally in stock? My dealer shows them out of stock. I hope we will see a good sound file for the RS3.

This is one of the smartest things Crest ever did. I personally feel that if the sound files are decent quality this product will sweep the market. No one will top it for the price of sound & receiver all in one!
Bill AKA Loco Bill
Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway
Missouri Western Railway

Jim Miller
Associate Member

Post by Jim Miller » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:00 pm

I heard that the USB interface is in stock but will not go on sale until the web site is set up to download files.............Jim

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Jim,

As the REVO is a product, which I believe now comes under Navin's Crest Electronics oversight, I am puzzled about the web site comment.

Of course Scott maybe is also marketing them as well so that could be the answer.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Chris_Haon
Associate Member

Post by Chris_Haon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:08 pm

The files would be on the crest website so why the confusion ?

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 pm

All I have to say is, that is really exciting news!!! And I agree, if they can produce these for the same price as the current receiver, they will eat the market up!!!

Ed