Aristo-Craft TE Revolution Switch Device & 3rd Party Install

Jonathan Polk

Aristo-Craft TE Revolution Switch Device & 3rd Party Install

Post by Jonathan Polk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:28 am

Largescale Online has posted this seminar all about the Aristo-Craft TE Revolution Switch Device, which will control your switch machines. Also learn how to install the TE Receiver in a non-plug-and-play locomotive (7 parts).

For more videos, go to http://www.teamlargescale.com. Also if you use the code YOUTUBE, you will get a $10.00 discount.

Click here for the full playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 670C07AAD3

The first video is here:

[youtube]4OxI99nC-rU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

beweekly
Associate Member

Post by beweekly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:30 am

Jonathan,

Thanks for posting the video on the Aristo-Craft TE Revolution Switch Device, I am interested in getting those boards.

Question: Would I have to upgrade my firmware(v.2.0.4.) on my Revolution Tx to 2.0.5. ,
as the Garden Railways(Feb/2011) article says in it's review of the new RCC remote switch device(cre-57074)??

I looked at the YouTube series-1-8 on how to set them up in the Revolution TX and
nothing was said about shipping older RevTx back to Aristo-Craft for the firmware upgrade if you have the older version
of the Revolution, which I have.

If all of this is true, how would I proceed? And those who have upgraded their 'older' RevolutionTx, maybe you can help me.

Thanks,:)
Bob E. Weekly

Stan Cedarleaf
Associate Member

Post by Stan Cedarleaf » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 am

beweekly wrote:Jonathan,
If all of this is true, how would I proceed? And those who have upgraded their 'older' RevolutionTx, maybe you can help me.
Thanks,:)
Bob..... I've had both of my REVOLUTION transmitters upgraded for use with the Remote Switching Device by sending in them to Aristo. They were done and returned very quickly.

AND.... I must report that they work wonderfully with both the Remote devices I have controlling 12 switches. :)
In May 2015, the PCSRR became a Fallen Flag Railroad
http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/stance ... len_x.html

beweekly
Associate Member

Post by beweekly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 am

Stan Cedarleaf wrote:Bob..... I've had both of my REVOLUTION transmitters upgraded for use with the Remote Switching Device by sending in them to Aristo. They were done and returned very quickly.

AND.... I must report that they work wonderfully with both the Remote devices I have controlling 12 switches. :)
Stan, that's exactly what I want to do!:D

Did you have to call them first? How did you send them? UPS,USPS or FEDEX?
How much to upgrade the firmware? I have two RevTx I need to send.
How are your switches powered? I want to use the cre-55612 Battery Box 6 AA to power them,
since I don't have track power anymore. Can I control 5 turnouts with one Remote Switching Device and
one cre-55612 Battery Box?

Thanks Stan,
Bob E. Weekly

Stan Cedarleaf
Associate Member

Post by Stan Cedarleaf » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:18 am

beweekly wrote:Stan, that's exactly what I want to do!:D

Did you have to call them first? How did you send them? UPS,USPS or FEDEX?
How much to upgrade the firmware? I have two RevTx I need to send.
How are your switches powered? I want to use the cre-55612 Battery Box 6 AA to power them,
since I don't have track power anymore. Can I control 5 turnouts with one Remote Switching Device and
one cre-55612 Battery Box?

Thanks Stan,
Bob, I think I'd send them USPS Priority Mail. It's fast and trackable. There is no charge for the upgrade. Navin will get them back to you very quickly. You might want to send one at a time so you're still able to operate with one while the other is upgraded. :) :)

I power both devices with an old power pack using about 16 volts input. I'm not familiar with using battery box operation but I'm operating 6 switches off each device and have my crossover switches (2 each) wired to a single output so that both switches throw with a single button. Works right nicely.

You're welcome.. :) :D

beweekly
Associate Member

Post by beweekly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 am

Stan Cedarleaf wrote:Bob, I think I'd send them USPS Priority Mail. It's fast and trackable. There is no charge for the upgrade. Navin will get them back to you very quickly. You might want to send one at a time so you're still able to operate with one while the other is upgraded. :) :)

I power both devices with an old power pack using about 16 volts input. I'm not familiar with using battery box operation but I'm operating 6 switches off each device and have my crossover switches (2 each) wired to a single output so that both switches throw with a single button. Works right nicely.

You're welcome.. :) :D
Stan, sorry for not getting back sooner.

I appreciate the info, I called Aristo-Craft and spoke to a "Sherry" there who was very nice and told me to send the RevTx to her along with a note requesting a firmware update. I did and decided to send both by UPS since I have an account with them and I'm not running trains right now anyway, So I'll be getting the update while I'm waiting for the things I've ordered is on the way. ;)

To start out, I ordered 5 Remote Switch Machines(Art-11298) to replace the manual(Art-11299)ones I have along with 1 new Remote Switch Device (Cre-57074) and a Battery Box 6AA (Cre-55612) for the battery powered layout.

Question? the new Remote Switch Device (Cre-57074) that is connected to the SW machine, is it weather-proof? Does it stay out doors always? Do you conceal it, some way? How is yours set-up?:confused::)

Thanks,

UpDate:
2/21/11

Stan, I received my 2 updated(which now reads: v2.0.5) Revo/Tx today from Aristo-Craft repair, they returned them very fast as you said. I also have the new slow-mo switches(cre11298), battery box(cre55612) and the remote Device(cre57074) ready to try out.
Bob E. Weekly

BrowneGoodwin
Associate Member

Installation of Switch Control Receiver

Post by BrowneGoodwin » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Has anyone come up with a realistic structure to cover the switch control receiver(s) and battery box(es) on their layout? My prototype railroad is an 1890's narrow gauge Texas line, and I will have two receivers and 8 switches to start.

Mark Gilger
Associate Member

Post by Mark Gilger » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 pm

You can also get the latest transmitter firmware upgrade at York next month.
Mark

Stan Cedarleaf
Associate Member

Post by Stan Cedarleaf » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm

BrowneGoodwin wrote:Has anyone come up with a realistic structure to cover the switch control receiver(s) and battery box(es) on their layout? My prototype railroad is an 1890's narrow gauge Texas line, and I will have two receivers and 8 switches to start.
Browne...

I've chosen to put my remote switch receivers in my train shed then run wires out to the swtiches. My 12 switches are scattered throughout the layout although so I felt that using battery power for them, I power them with DC output from my track powered power supplies... 8 strand telephone cable was used. They work very well... :) :)

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Can't beat that phone cable, Stan!!:D:D

Ed