Aristo-Craft TE Revolution Switch Device & 3rd Party Install

bobkatgifts
Associate Member

Revolution software upgrade

Post by bobkatgifts » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 pm

I have revolution #cre57000 with software ver 2.05 - Is this the latest version available? If not, are there any special instructions that I need to follow when sending it to Aristo for software update.? Thanks

Stan Cedarleaf
Associate Member

Post by Stan Cedarleaf » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Bob... The latest version will be loaded when you send it in.... I've had all upgraded with no problem.
In May 2015, the PCSRR became a Fallen Flag Railroad
http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/stance ... len_x.html

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Post by Doug Cannon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Any international consumers of the REVO sys sent their unit(s) into NJ for firmware upgrade ? Any problems with border services on either side?

(Recent) reason for asking, I heard a perplexing story last wk. of (albeit small scale) modeller having his loco chip being seized by usborder services due to malicious usage concerns by their 'deligient' staff.

I don't know how he documented it, but i always pack stating "model railway equipment" and have return shipper to do same, also including "warranty repair/upgrade" when applicable. BUT I haven't had reason to send down this type of hi-tech product in the past !

sincerely,
doug c

Jim Bollinger
Associate Member

Post by Jim Bollinger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey guys:
when you talk of 8 strand phone cable, are you talking about the 4 pr solid copper wire that is very small guage or something else. Thanks
Jim

Peter Bernstock
Associate Member

8 Conductor Cable

Post by Peter Bernstock » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm

I use Category 5 (CAT-5) network cable. 8 conductors in pairs. Works great and not terribly expensive.

Chris_Haon
Associate Member

Post by Chris_Haon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:05 pm

I use telephone wire. it has 2 pairs of conductors. My dad was an installer and has tons of it. I like it because it has a little bit thicker outside coating than cat 5 BUT it has fewer conductors. Hey its free!!! so I am happy!!

Juddweiser
Associate Member

Post by Juddweiser » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:33 am

For those using the 6-AA battery holder, what kind of battery life are you getting? Do you unplug the switch controller when not in use?

Judd

dbbotkin
Associate Member

Multi-switch control

Post by dbbotkin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:09 am

I have several turnouts on my layout that I would like to control with the Revolution switch device. Is it possible to control more than one turnout motor with only one of the outputs from the switch device? (I realize that the switch device is capable of controlling multiple switches, but I want to economize on a long wire run.) I anticipate that there might be an amperage issue, and want to avoid burning out my switch device.

Also, can one turnout motor be controlled by more than one switch device? In this case, I have a turnout that is at the junction of two blocks and would like to be able to control it with either of two switch devices. Here are my concern is with back-feeding one switch device from the other switch device.

Any help would be appreciated!

Stan Cedarleaf
Associate Member

Post by Stan Cedarleaf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Yes, I've been operating 2 LGB 1201 switch motors off one output on the remote switch device ever since the first release. Haven't tried more than 2...

That leaves 4 more outputs for use.
In May 2015, the PCSRR became a Fallen Flag Railroad
http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/stance ... len_x.html

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Doug Cannon wrote:Any international consumers of the REVO sys sent their unit(s) into NJ for firmware upgrade ? Any problems with border services on either side?

(Recent) reason for asking, I heard a perplexing story last wk. of (albeit small scale) modeller having his loco chip being seized by usborder services due to malicious usage concerns by their 'deligient' staff.

I don't know how he documented it, but i always pack stating "model railway equipment" and have return shipper to do same, also including "warranty repair/upgrade" when applicable. BUT I haven't had reason to send down this type of hi-tech product in the past !

sincerely,
doug c

I know it's late to reply to this, but the Postal Inspectors just opened and inspected a package of old mainframe power supply capacitors (for another project) and sent someone to the house with them to find what I was building with 10 @ 120 vdc 17,000 mfd caps. I told them that they were for the train and they went away. If I told them that they to repair the inverter/converter on the mig welder they probably would have arrested me.

It's really getting strange out in the real world.;)
---Hutch