Cobbled up another one..

Paul Rose
Associate Member

Cobbled up another one..

Post by Paul Rose » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Awhile back I ran across a dealer bailing out of LS and he had a bunch of NIB Aristo
Mikes that interested me, primarily for K-B-ing purposes, we dickered, I made him a
cash offer an I came home with the whole batch... Decided that my first project would
be to make another WM consolidation... I built one awhile back out of an old Pacific
that I had acquired using an extra mallet drive unit that I had in my junk box... I was
thinking it would be essentially the same job I'd done before, well not quite as it turns
out, while an early Pacific an a late Mike, R closely related, they R somewhat different
animals... No big deal, we got on with it, shortened up the chassis & boiler, moved
some things around, changed some things, added several details to both the engine
and tender did some paint & lettering work, modified the drive train so its straight and
fixed the wheels so they stay in one place, installed a phoenix sound system, and
wah-la I got a new choo-choo... A few pics below...
Paul R...

Oops, guess U can't post pics any longer, get some message about board attachment quota
has been reached ????????????? Whatever that means....

Gary Simpson
Associate Member

Re: Cobbled up another one..

Post by Gary Simpson » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Would like to see it.....

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:55 am

Yep would be nice to see some pics. Seems that we be out of luck for an update to fix the problem. Later RJD

KenBurkinshaw
Associate Member

Post by KenBurkinshaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Hey RJ!, remember that poor unfortunate railroad inspector that came to visit the ELSIE railroad in the summer of 2012???? We wouldn't want that to happen again :mad: :p Paul can easily use the Img tool, or post a link to a "free" picture he places in his Photobucket Account. We all look forward to seeing his work. :)

(a small pic for a small event)

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Yep Ken remember that poor guy :eek: Hopefully Paul you can figure out how to post a pic. :( Later RJD