Rodgers, a finishing touch

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Rodgers, a finishing touch

Post by T L Hutchins » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Ever since I got my Rodgers, I felt something was missing. It finally dawned on me that it was the hold down pin for the tow bar on the 'pilot'. As I cleaned out more perfectly good parts (junk) I found the perfect candidate. Yes, the camera with the really bad color has a new home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---Hutch

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:16 pm

TL I don't have a Rogers engine and I can say ive never seen one up close. Hows about a picture of the whole engine from the side view? Looks very nice from the front. :D
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Mine is one of the original REA models with the enclosed cab and no tender. My dear sweet daughter bought it for me as present. It was new old stock from a dealer in Memphis that was closing the doors a couple of years ago. She didn't realise that it was at least 20 years old at the time! Runs better and smokes better since it has a 'chuffer' than most other manufacturers new engines. Obviously I put the T.R.R sticker on it. My wife said that the blank space needed something to match a 50th anniversary caboose from another fallen flag manufacturer that's the same color. Will not go against her wishes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---Hutch

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks for the pictures TL, Very very nice. I like it! :)
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Hutch, that is a really beautiful engine!!! I have never been a real big fan of the Rogers engine, but that one is absolutely beautiful!! That little ball on the front of the engine looks like a hitch on an RV!!!!

Ed

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Ed Headington wrote:Hutch, that is a really beautiful engine!!! I have never been a real big fan of the Rogers engine, but that one is absolutely beautiful!! That little ball on the front of the engine looks like a hitch on an RV!!!!

Ed
Yes like a trailer hitch ball Ed, Maybe he has a boat he's going to pull with the train :eek:

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 am

Douglas Herrmann wrote:Yes like a trailer hitch ball Ed, Maybe he has a boat he's going to pull with the train :eek:

Not a bad idea, now where would I put that boat ramp/siding for launch and retrieval, next to the bridge?

Actually it's a decorative thingy off a steam dome that's leaving for recycling.
---Hutch

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:02 pm

I also have one of the REA Rogers that I got 23 years ago. I rebuilt it last year as some of the parts had started to crack, It now runs better than ever and as you said Hutch the smoke unit is awesome. I also bought the matching road name tender. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Maybe Scott will bring them back one day. :rolleyes: