Trucks

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Trucks

Post by T L Hutchins » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Looks like a couple of better Online Dealers and maybe some of the brick and mortar stores have come up with a limited supply of 29100 trucks.

I ordered a few yesterday. Will let you check with your favorite dealer rather than me advertising mine.;)

Would have ordered more, but the eagle doesn't fly over the bank for a few more days.
---Hutch

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:18 pm

What did they hit you for on the trucks TL? Their a pretty hot item right about now! :eek:
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Looked at the invoice and it was about $39 and some change per package of 2 truck assemblies. I had a credit from a previous transaction that brought that down a little. You are right, though. Saw some on evilBay for $100 a package after I bought mine.
---Hutch

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:58 pm

T L Hutchins wrote:Looked at the invoice and it was about $39 and some change per package of 2 truck assemblies. I had a credit from a previous transaction that brought that down a little. You are right, though. Saw some on evilBay for $100 a package after I bought mine.
I think some of the people on evilbay are smoking some real good stuff with the prices their asking. Then there are the people that are paying those prices!!!!! :eek:
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:41 am

Prices have gone up on some for these trucks. Stay away firm Evial bay tho. They are ripping folks off with there prices. Times have changed things do cost more. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

MParsons
Associate Member

EvilBay

Post by MParsons » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Sellers don't seem to be as honest as they once (may have been) were. Bought something the other day which was represented as "new" and before buying specifically asked (via send message) about certain parts and was assured they were all there. Turned out the item was obviously used, had critical parts missing and (via PayPal & EvilBay) arranged to return same but got stuck with return postage. PayPal & EvilBay customer support say that even if the seller has out and out fraudulently misrepresented an item they are of no help getting reimbursed for return postage (which the seller agreed to reimburse but never did). Our "normal" channels have always been upfront with item condition / description and are able to correct problems.

And there is that disconnect on Evilbay between charged postage and actual postage costs (EvilBay apparently is taking a cut from the seller of postage costs charged).

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:41 pm

I have never purchased or sold on that auction site, but I did look at it just in case something that I REALLY wanted came up. It never did. The recent hacking made me decide to close my (unused) account.

I have always been amazed at the prices some folks were prepared to pay for many items. They say a fool and his money are soon parted! ;)

Only real bargains are reported I have noticed but I am sure the majority of purchases are not in that category.

There is still an amount of Aristo-Craft available with UK dealers but little to interest me right now.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:44 pm

MParsons wrote:Sellers don't seem to be as honest as they once (may have been) were. Bought something the other day which was represented as "new" and before buying specifically asked (via send message) about certain parts and was assured they were all there. Turned out the item was obviously used, had critical parts missing and (via PayPal & EvilBay) arranged to return same but got stuck with return postage. PayPal & EvilBay customer support say that even if the seller has out and out fraudulently misrepresented an item they are of no help getting reimbursed for return postage (which the seller agreed to reimburse but never did). Our "normal" channels have always been upfront with item condition / description and are able to correct problems.

And there is that disconnect on Evilbay between charged postage and actual postage costs (EvilBay apparently is taking a cut from the seller of postage costs charged).
I had the same problem with an engine that was supposed to be "New" but when I got it, it had been used and used a lot! I went through paypal and told them the problem that the item was listed as new but was used and paypal paid the return shipping because if you pay using paypal they guarantee it. Other wise it was not a good experience. It truly is EVILBAY. But there are great sellers on Ebay and you just have to find the right ones.

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Summer is well a truly here. Temperatures up in the low 70's, some humidity :eek: but nonetheless ideal outdoors providing work is not too strenuous.

I took a ride on my heritage railroad yesterday - my wife loves the trains - but afterwards I started lifting a brass switch and replacing it with a stainless steel one which I have had in my store. These switches are in a spur to my two track Oshkosh Tunnel.

I needed the brass one to insert into my loop - wanted it to look the same with my brass track - which allows me to lay another spur to run adjacent to my grain elevator. This means I can store cars there and do some switching as well.

A little more work today sees it completed and a stop block fitted at the end of the new spur.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Yes, there are some some good sellers on eBay. I find that I can usually match their prices or shipping with my favorite online merchants though. Occasionally a deal on vintage equipment comes up that I can't pass up because where can you find a low hour XXXXXXX that hasn't been made since the late 80's or early 90's that is intact.

If someone would make a modern F40PH, I wouldn't bother with used or new old stock and re-motoring locomotives.

But they work so well with a Revolution in them and run on 4 foot diameter track complete with the streamline passenger cars. Yes, I am stuck far, far, far in the past.

Now if I could find the rumored accessory Revolution that adds 8 more Function Keys, I would probably lose what little is left of my mind and use the last of my 29100 trucks.
---Hutch