Trucks

T L Hutchins
Associate Member

Post by T L Hutchins » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Alan Lott wrote:Summer is well a truly here. Temperatures up in the low 70's, some humidity :eek: but nonetheless ideal outdoors providing work is not too strenuous.

I took a ride on my heritage railroad yesterday - my wife loves the trains - but afterwards I started lifting a brass switch and replacing it with a stainless steel one which I have had in my store. These switches are in a spur to my two track Oshkosh Tunnel.

I needed the brass one to insert into my loop - wanted it to look the same with my brass track - which allows me to lay another spur to run adjacent to my grain elevator. This means I can store cars there and do some switching as well.

A little more work today sees it completed and a stop block fitted at the end of the new spur.

Yes, summer is here, it is in the low 90's at 1:25 in the afternoon and I have a 12 foot gate to finish hanging. The 30 year old one finally got so thin from rust that my wife could no longer bolt or weld new hinges to it. Ah, life in PARADISE!

The dogs don't want to go back into the air conditioned house though. I know they are Welsh Corgis that we got from the rescue center, but they surely like coolness also.
---Hutch

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:11 pm

We had about a week of rain followed by a great weekend perfect for running trains. But those summer temps will be here this week.
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool: