BrandyBirthday

wayne jardine
Associate Member

BrandyBirthday

Post by wayne jardine » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 am

Brandy

Hay only one year more and you can retire young fellow, Happy Birthday hope you have many many more :) :)

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Re: BrandyBirthday

Post by Ed Headington » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Happy BIrthday, Brandy. Hope you have many, many, more!!

Ed

Brandy Bruce
Associate Member

Post by Brandy Bruce » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks guys.

Wayne, i jumped the gun and retired at the end of 2016.

My boss and mentor, the owner of the Dillon Aero, was no longer able to be an active participant in making decisions for the company or himself by the end of 2014. 2015 ended with his family telling the founding employees of the company (i am one of 8) to expect no more bonuses, no more overtime and not another dime in raises for as long as we remained employed there. The end for me was nigh. 2016 started with a reorganization from top to bottom. When my new boss decided that he had to exercise his authority and dominance over me in an attempt to avoid admitting that he made an expensive mistake on a project. I chose to let him win, and retired rather than save him from embarrasment. My last day was October 27th. Eleven days later, November 7th, my mentor and the most beloved boss that i ever worked for, passed away. Closure came suddenly but just the right time for me. I left a lot of envious coworkers and many friends. i was able to leave on my own terms. i am in debt to nobody and I owe nothing but warm regards to everybody that I hired, trained, mentored and worked next to. Together we truly made a great company and i am proud to have been a significant part of Dillon Aero, Inc. I wish them all the luck in the world.

Meanwhile i have been making my new home in the Plumas National forest in north eastern California. I am 25 miles north or Oroville, just a short way from the Keddie Wye and the Black Rock Desert in Nevada. Still moving stuff from AZ and will be rebuilding the GNPRwy near the former right of way of the Butte County Railroad.

Take care, stay healthy

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Happy belated birthday Bruce. Congrats on your retirement. Welcome to the retirement crowed . Now sit back and be your own boss and never worry again. Enjoy your trains. :D Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm

DItto to what RJ said, Brandy. I retired 23 years ago, and these past 23 years have been the best years of my life!! My hope is that they will be the same for you.

Ed