Harry Hartmann's passing

Post by smcgill » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:03 pm

I heard that Harry has left us. :eek:
He will surly be missed! :(

wayne jardine
Associate Member

Re: Harry Hartmann's passing

Post by wayne jardine » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:15 pm

That is sad new this morning, that I didn't want to hear, condolence wishes to Harry fanily

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Harry was a truly great person and gentle man who was a friend to a great many folks, including me. His Large Scale shows were a great achievement and now a legacy for him along with his other interests: vintage vehicles and The Shriners. Many who knew Harry from his teaching work have made lovely comments about their memories of him and so have many railroaders which are fitting tributes to such a well loved person.
I regret never having had the pleasure of meeting Harry face to face, but we did have regular telephone chats. I have great memories of them and some of the things he sent as gifts. His calendar was always great to receive.
It has been a very sad day today but I did get to run a train, with some WM cars and a couple of his Show cars, as a small token of my esteem for him.

Farewell to a good friend whom I know I shall meet one day.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Paul Rose
Associate Member

Post by Paul Rose » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:43 am

Harry will be sorely missed by a great many folks, he was "good people", as well as a good friend to many of us...
I have located his obit and posted the link below...
Paul R...

http://obituaries.times-news.com/story/ ... -868165792

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:50 pm

It is indeed sad, sad, news. I guess almost all of us knew Harry, and all he did over the years for the York Large Scale train show. He was indeed a nice person, the kind you always feel please to have met and known. He will certainly be missed by all of us, including me. Sorry to hear, but at least now he is happy with our Lord. My prayers and condolences certainly go out to his family though. I know he will be missed terribly.

Ed

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Thanks so much for posting the obituary, Paul. I hadn't seen it, and appreciated the chance to read it.

Thanks again,
Ed

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Wow things happen when you don't visit a forum much any more. Shock to hear of Harrys passing. First met him in Perry, GA always nice to visit with hem. train world will miss him. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Ward Hutton
Associate Member

Post by Ward Hutton » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Agree with RJ. I just happened to think about York should be coming up and I plan on going for the first time in a few years. I checked the ECLSTS forum, saw mention Harry wouldn't be with us. Got worried and jumped over here.
Very sorry to hear of his passing. I too have fond memories of chatting with Harry at shows and on FB. He was a good guy and will be missed. RIP Harry.