Show Report

Discussion forum for the Spring ECLSTS.
Gareth Palmer
Associate Member

Show Report

Post by Gareth Palmer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:26 pm

I am hoping someone in attendance at the ECLSTS will be able to share their experience at the show, especially for those of us unable to attend.

It would be great to see pictures, especially of the club layouts, but it would be better yet to get a report from Scott Polk as to what is happening with PolksGeneratioNext, as to production and availability of product in the future.

Thanks,
Gary

Cal Best
Associate Member

Re: Show Report

Post by Cal Best » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:38 am

More pics please. How about attendance? Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Tom Parkins
Associate Member

Post by Tom Parkins » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:21 pm

I was there Saturday. The first time that they have held the WInter Show. :D Looking forward to the Spring Show. Attendance was decent on Saturday. Perhaps the weather may have helped, as it certainly was not a day for outdoor activities.

Basically, if you saw last year's show, you saw this year's show. Same stuff only not as much. Perhaps a few new paint jobs on rolling stock, but still the same stuff. Bottom line, there is not a whole lot of new product. There seems to be more used stuff. I guess with more estates, retirements, getting out of the hobby that figures. I got some good deals on used track about $3/ foot. I still see plenty of new Aristo although not quite as much. Brand new Pacifics $500, new consolidations $600, PCCs $200, and FAs, 0-4-0s were available new. Of course your price may vary. Did not see any new E8s. There are plenty of vendors for "electronics". Much more now than 5-10 years ago.

Layout room is always fun. There appeared to be more empty space, but I couldn't recall off the top of my head who was missing. I miss Yogi and his table. I have a bunch of video that I need to play with and edit. I promise I will get it up.

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:47 am

Thanks Carl for the pics and video. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern