NEW Website is UP and RUNNING

Discussion forum for the Spring ECLSTS.
Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:22 am

As soon at the order is placed, it will be released!

I can tell you that there will ONLY be 100 cars available. We are trying to get 50 of one number and 50 of a second number.

Being that this is OUR first year, we were not sure how many to order and didn't want to OVER ORDER and "historically" non road names do not sell as well as real road names. but it is something I wanted to do for my FIRST show. So that is what we did.

Just too much going on to even try to take any kind of PRE orders, or sample opinions before we selected. Maybe next show we will do something different and it will go back to something of a "real" road name

I KNOW I wont please everyone with our selection of show cars. I always operated under the opinion that if I didn't like it I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't tell anyone how awful it was, I would just not buy it and move on. We feel and have felt the show car was an added treat for those that attended the snows. We would like to get into some "marketing" of "SHOW ITEMS" too besides the cars and shirts.

As I have said before, I honestly do not think you will see a "show engine" again. Just to expensive for a small run.

Sorry if I sounded like I was on my soap box again.

Hope you ALL spread the word about the shows. I cant call everyone that has ever been to the shows in the past, even if I had their phone numbers, I just would not have the time. YOU all are the best advertisement we could have for the shows. SPREAD THE WORD.

Don't know how many phone calls I have had over the past couple months asking why we cancelled the shows for 2014.

So PASS THE WORD.....
The ECLSTS IS ON TRACK FOR 2014.

gpoknis
Associate Member

Post by gpoknis » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Wow, only 100 cars. I'll have to make sure that I get there early on Friday before they sell out. Do you know how many cars were available at previous shows?

I can't wait for the show. I'm sure that it will be a success.
George Poknis
Edgewater, MD

MParsons
Associate Member

Onle 100 cars --

Post by MParsons » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Suggest that you limit the number of cars that can be purchased by one person the first day, or at least the first half day, and then allow bulk purchases later in the day / next day.

I didn't notice a description of exactly WHAT the show car is or the road name (e.g., "hopper", "gondola") but I wouldn't be surprised if some of us desired 5 or 10 for themselves.

IVOR SNODDY
Associate Member

Post by IVOR SNODDY » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:56 am

MParsons wrote:Suggest that you limit the number of cars that can be purchased by one person the first day, or at least the first half day, and then allow bulk purchases later in the day / next day.

I didn't notice a description of exactly WHAT the show car is or the road name (e.g., "hopper", "gondola") but I wouldn't be surprised if some of us desired 5 or 10 for themselves.
If you go into Harry's new web site, click on Spring ECLSTS @ top of page then click on drop down ..T shirts / Show car you will find artists impression of the show boxcar & T shirt, very nice!.
Ivor Snoddy

Tom Ball
Associate Member

NEW Website is UP and Running

Post by Tom Ball » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:29 am

Hi! Ivor Snoddy :)

How are you doing Pal,

How is the weather over there ?

Do you have SNOW yet. And are you coming to the ECLSTS in March 2014.

Me and Jim are already for the room in March.

Its a sham that Aristocraft Trains is Closing after Dec.

Tom Ball

IVOR SNODDY
Associate Member

Post by IVOR SNODDY » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:25 am

Hi Tom,
I'am doing the very best Thankyou and Really looking forward to the show and seeing all the gang, hotel and flights all booked, Yes it is a shame that Aristo will not be present but who knows maybe we will get a surprise or two, main thing is that when possible most of us attend and support the show.
The weather here is unusually mild at present with no snow yet, but when it does come it will probably come with a vengeance .
Take care.
Ivor Snoddy

MParsons
Associate Member

Show Car is Awsome -- metal wheels?

Post by MParsons » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:07 am

The show car is awsome.

Will it come with metal wheels OR will they be AVAILABLE nearby to purchase to add them ourselves.

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Post by Doug Cannon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:42 pm

".....Hope you ALL spread the word about the shows. . . . . . YOU all are the best advertisement we could have for the shows. SPREAD THE WORD. "

I do all the time when bringing up LSTSs and reference ECLSTS as the premier , and if 'budget' permitted i would be attending again and again :)

Our webmaster just posted the info/link for the show yesterday (only a few hrs. after i sent him the info) within the CMRS "other events" section;

http://www.calgarymodelrailway.ca/events.html

sincerely,
doug c

CMRS = initiator/organizer/host of SUPERTRAIN !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Just a reminder...................... ;)

With the changes concerning Aristo-Craft soon taking effect make sure you bookmark the ECLSTS new web page.

.........go on, you know it makes sense. :D

http://www.eclsts.com/
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Pat McCarty
Associate Member

Post by Pat McCarty » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Alan,

Good suggestion regarding bookmarking the website.

Pat