Post ECLSTS Train Excursion

Discussion forum for the Spring ECLSTS.
Harry Hartman
Associate Member

Post by Harry Hartman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:34 pm

I don't mind placing some info out about this ride but I honestly do not have the time coordinate this event. You would have to find a leader and put it together.

Being this is my first year ON MY OWN, I want to make sure I get all the 't' crossed and all the I's dotted.

Thanks

George Councill
Associate Member

Post by George Councill » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Harry,

I would gladly take on this task! I have contacted 'Steam into History'. The biggest problem is that their dseason is schedualed to start a week after the ECLSTS weekend.

If I can get 75 or 100 firm commitments, enough to fill 2 cars, I would have some bargining power, and might be able to talk them into starting a week early.

The people at 'Steam into History' also talked about doing something at ECLSTS itself.

I will keep everyone informed.
George

Councill Bluffs RR, Where the B&O, WM, & SRR meet the Short Lines.

Mark Oles
Associate Member

Post by Mark Oles » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm

George,

I have not visited this new operation yet, either. However, it looks very nicely put together.

March in central PA is not the nicest, weather wise. Working pot bellied stoves are essential! I can vouch for the robustness of the stoves used by the Strasburg RR.

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:39 pm

George, any update on this trip? Thanks, Doug H :confused:
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

George Councill
Associate Member

The latest on the train ride

Post by George Councill » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:22 pm

I just got off the phone with 'Steam into History'.

Their season will start in mid April, BUT, if we have a minimum of 60 people and up to 88-90, they will run a special just for us. I need a good count by 4 weeks in advance to set it up, that is February 23. The price is still $21.00.

Let me know, either here or a PM, and when we have enough people, I will call and 'order a train' (that sounds so cool).
George

IVOR SNODDY
Associate Member

Post by IVOR SNODDY » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Two tickets here please George, now you only need 58 more.

Well done!!.
Ivor Snoddy

Douglas Herrmann
Associate Member

Post by Douglas Herrmann » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:40 am

George is it going to be the one hour or the two and a half hour ride? I should be in for 4 tickets maybe 5. Two will be my children. :)
President & CEO Herrmannville Highrise Railroad. "There's never enough time to do the things that you really want to do" :cool:

George Councill
Associate Member

Post by George Councill » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:57 am

Douglas,

If they are going to run a special for us, it would be the the two and a half hour ride or whatever we want.

Thanks Ivor.
George

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:38 pm

This sounds a great trip if can be done. But I warn you, you must give the train fare to your wife, or another family member, for safe keeping. Otherwise when you have bought all those great ECLSTS bargains you may have run out of money and not be able to go. :eek:
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

IVOR SNODDY
Associate Member

Post by IVOR SNODDY » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi George,
Happy New Year to you, I was wondering if you had any more thoughts on the post ECLSTS railroad trip, I noticed in January's Railpace magazine that they have an interesting article on Steam into History
Ivor Snoddy