I'm Back

Ronald Wenger
Associate Member

Re: I'm Back

Post by Ronald Wenger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:12 pm

I managed to get one of the remote transmitters working. I had a bad battery in a brand new box. The other two went off to Navin and he should have gotten them last Sunday. Now it is just a matter of waiting. Here is one thing many of you may want to take note of and I am not the only one having this problem. After using Duracell Batteries for years, in the past six months, I have tossed five good flashlights, and a few other things that use batteries, and I have also found corrosion starting in several remotes for TV's and VCR's here in the house. I had to switch over to Eveready Batteries. I keep a supply of batteries around for emergencies and I carry a couple of extra D cell's in each vehicle for the lights in those vehicles as you never know when your going to need them. If you are using any of these batteries monitor them closely, and I mean like at least once a month. I was in the process of upgrading to LED Lights but I lost some of those that I upgraded to and still have others to upgrade. These LED's keep the batteries lasting for every and they take being dropped much better than incandescent bulbs.

Ron

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:59 pm

I agree about the LED lights, Ron. I have converted my heavyweights and my Sierra passenger calls all to LED's. Being battery powered, they allow the batteries to last MUCH longer!!

Ed

wayne jardine
Associate Member

Post by wayne jardine » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:19 am

Ron

Glad you where able to reach Navin and he is working on thoughts units :D :D

Ronald Wenger
Associate Member

Post by Ronald Wenger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm

wayne jardine wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:11 am
Ron
Did you hear from Navin
Wayne, I did and I sent my two non working transmitters off to Navin. According to the Post Office they were delivered to his residence on the 29th of Oct. I have not yet heard back from him. One of the three had a bad battery right out of the box and once I caught that I got it working. Same for the wired controllers. The only one that I could not fix was factory sealed. It went in the trash. I have been running trains for three weeks or so now. I am looking forward to next spring and summer now.

Ronald Wenger
Associate Member

Post by Ronald Wenger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Ed Headington wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:59 pm
I agree about the LED lights, Ron. I have converted my heavyweights and my Sierra passenger calls all to LED's. Being battery powered, they allow the batteries to last MUCH longer!!

Ed
Ed,

I converted all of the lights in my house but three in the attic to LED's. No incandescent or CFL lights. I even swapped out the 48 inch tubes in the basement and garage to led's. A month latter the power company came out and replaced my meter. I guess I got on to something.

Ron

Paul Norton
Associate Member

Post by Paul Norton » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Good to hear you are back Ron!

You comment about grandkids made me remember a bumper sticker I saw in Florida decades ago which read, "If I had know how much fun grandchildren are, I would have had them first".

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Yes like all have said, glade your back and trains are once again on the move. Have fun. Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern