Passing Of Ken Burkinshaw.

Shawn Fields
Associate Member

Passing Of Ken Burkinshaw.

Post by Shawn Fields » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:28 am

Everyone,
It is with great sadness, that I report to you all that, that long time friend and fellow forum member Ken Burkinshaw passed away on July 28th after a short Illness, I am going to deeply miss Ken, he was a mentor, friend, and cohort in many train show trips and excellent modeller who gave a laugh and smile to those that knew him well.

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

Re: Passing Of Ken Burkinshaw.

Post by Doug Cannon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 am

My condolences to his family, you and his many other friends.

doug c
" G-gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! " djc'99

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:56 am

Ken was a great contributor to this place when it was very active. I had a feeling, when he started downsizing his railroad, that his health was becoming an issue for him. When reflecting i am sure many of us will recall something that Ken wrote about our hobby that was of good use to us.
A good railroading friend that I have been pleased knowing, even if I never met him.
Condolences to his family and friends.
RIP +++
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 pm

I was very surprised and saddened when I received an email from my good friend Alan Lott telling me of Ken's passing. I mentioned to him that I always enjoyed Ken's posts, they were full of good knowledge, well thought out, and just generally helpful. As others have said, he will be sorely missed from this forum.

I can only add my deepest condolences to Ken's family, and pray that God will see them through their sorrow and sadness.

Ed

smcgill
Associate Member

Post by smcgill » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:16 pm

It's very sad to hear this. :(
I hate seeing our groupe dwindle ....
Last edited by smcgill on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

wayne jardine
Associate Member

Post by wayne jardine » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:19 am

I to wsould like add my deepest condolences to Ken's family, and pray that God will see them through their sorrow and sadness.
I think that all menber of this form will miss Ken's great help over the years

Shawn Fields
Associate Member

Post by Shawn Fields » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:26 am

Thanks Everyone, for the kind words... I will be traveling to Ken's at the end of the month to help his wife sort through and process his collection and to help her to sell off what she can, his brothers will also be there to aid in this process but as I am the one most familiar with the collection and G scale in general I have been asked to assist in this task, one that I am hesitant to do, but must be done, I plan on purchasing from his collection a few items that are special to me to add to my collection, and to preserve the work and time Ken put into them.