Crest Electronics Closing As of 7-31-16

Jonathan Polk

Crest Electronics Closing As of 7-31-16

Post by Jonathan Polk » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:52 am

Hi everyone,

Crest Electronics will be closing its doors for good as of 7-31-16. Please see the email below from Navin Shievdayal:
Dear Crest Electronics Customers,

We have made a good product, but have not developed sufficient additional items to allow us to cover our overhead. I have devoted the past 2 ½ years to try to make this venture successful and failed.

We will be closing as of 7-31-16 and I will look for a day job. In the meantime, you can mail any repairs to me at my home at 74 Williams Ave., Jersey City, NJ 07304 and I will do the necessary repairs after my day job. However, I can’t do free warranty repairs, so call me in advance for a quote and send a check with the repair plus return shipping costs. The phone number of my portable will remain the same at 201-565-6069, though it will be better to reach me in the evenings.

It’s been a pleasure to serve you and I look forward to a long time of keeping your equipment in tiptop shape.

Yours truly,

Navin Shievdayal
Crest Electronics
Thanks very much,

Jonathan

Jim Donohue
Associate Member

Re: Crest Electronics Closing As of 7-31-16

Post by Jim Donohue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:39 pm

A sad, sad day for G-Scale. Navin, Crest and Aristo were a very large part of creating the G-Scale hobby.
Thank you Navin for all you have done and best wishes in the future.

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:47 pm

I wish you every success in the future Navin. I am sure you worked very hard to keep things going and must be disappointed at how it has worked out.
I know you were a great supportive sort of guy as you were on the couple of occasions (in Aristo days) that I needed to speak with you.

I hope - and feel sure - that your expertise and professional manner will soon find you in another employment.

I guess many of us railroaders will have good memories of you.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Ed Dice
Associate Member

Post by Ed Dice » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi, Navin

Sorry to hear of your closing up shop.
Understand it is a hard business to keep viable and afloat.
wish you success in your next efforts.

Will any Revolution products be offered/produced in the future, after 31 July 2016?

Thanks
Ed
Keep The Trains Running
Pensacola FL / Katy TX

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Sad, sad, indeed. I only wish Navin the best of luck in finding a new job. For us, this is a bad day!!!!

Ed

B.Benardo
Associate Member

Post by B.Benardo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:50 pm

:( Navin, I am very sorry to hear this Sad news and wish you all the success in the world with your future. Another Great product will be missed by the Model Train Hobby.
It was Great visiting with you each year at the ECLSTS in York and I will miss that.
Bruce Benardo

Stan Cedarleaf
Associate Member

Post by Stan Cedarleaf » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:30 pm

So sorry to read the news, Navin...

Best of everything, my friend.. Best of everything..

Jerry McColgan
Associate Member

Post by Jerry McColgan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:05 am

Jonathan Polk wrote:Hi everyone,

Crest Electronics will be closing its doors for good as of 7-31-16. Please see the email below from Navin Shievdayal:
Dear Crest Electronics Customers,

We have made a good product, but have not developed sufficient additional items to allow us to cover our overhead. I have devoted the past 2 ½ years to try to make this venture successful and failed.

We will be closing as of 7-31-16 and I will look for a day job. In the meantime, you can mail any repairs to me at my home at 74 Williams Ave., Jersey City, NJ 07304 and I will do the necessary repairs after my day job. However, I can’t do free warranty repairs, so call me in advance for a quote and send a check with the repair plus return shipping costs. The phone number of my portable will remain the same at 201-565-6069, though it will be better to reach me in the evenings.

It’s been a pleasure to serve you and I look forward to a long time of keeping your equipment in tiptop shape.

Yours truly,

Navin Shievdayal
Crest Electronics
Thanks very much,

Jonathan
I have been away from the hobby for some time and am just getting active again.

Fortunately I found this post and I just phoned Navin so I will be sending some Revolutions to him for repairs.

Every day now I renew my appreciation of the fun of having and running Aristo-Craft and Crest products.

How does one satisfactorily express thanks to The Polks, Navin and the rest of the former Aristo-Craft crew (not to miss Dave Bodnar and TATE)?

At 72 I guess I am now entering my third childhood.

Does anyone know where I can download the instructions for the Aristo 0-4-0 (latest models). I'm sure I have them as I bought them new direct from Aristo but it may take awhile to dig them out.

Of particular interest to me is to operate the 0-4-0 smoke system with the Steam Sound Revolution Receiver.

Best regards to all,

Jerry
Last edited by Jerry McColgan on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doug Cannon
Associate Member

2017 new supplier ! Re: Crest Electronics Closing As of 7-3

Post by Doug Cannon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:59 am

This might help ya out a bit with the 0-4-0, although primarily 3pgs re: parts ;
http://www.gscalenews.com/pdf/aristo-craft/21300.pdf

excerpt from this webpage;
http://www.gscalenews.com/downloads/aristo-craft

Also the new supplier of Revolution product line;
http://www.aristocraftforum.com/viewtop ... 30&t=21720

nite,
doug c
" G-gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! " djc'99

Jerry McColgan
Associate Member

Post by Jerry McColgan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:13 pm