This forum will continue indefinitely

Jerry McColgan
Associate Member

Aristo-Craft - more than just a company

Post by Jerry McColgan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Hello Lewis,

Many years ago it was an Aristo-Craft Pacific along with a beautiful set of Southern Crescent Coaches that introduced me to Large Scale. I am pleased that the two new 0-4-0 sets will serve as a reminder of "the good days."

"a good spot to come to for all things Aristo-Craft"

We realize that with Aristo-Craft closing that the employees will be moving on to other things but...

"the friendships developed"

include not only customers with other customers but also your employees with the customers.

Hopefully, to the extent possible, the employees will be able to find the time to join the Aristo-Craft Forum extended family.

If in the future the cost of maintaining the forum becomes an issue I am sure many of us would be willing to contribute to the cost of maintaining it.

In many ways Aristo-Craft (company and employees) and the Aristo-Craft Forum have been a significant means of holding this hobby together.

Best regards to all,

Jerry McColgan

MParsons
Associate Member

Polk's Hobby

Post by MParsons » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:32 pm

And I remember shopping on ALL the floors of Polk's Hobby store on Fifth Avenue - a different floor for a different hobby mode (although I was doing HO at the time) in the 1950's. Since I lived in Manhattan these trips and purchases were frequent and the staff was always helpful. What an interesting store it was even to window shop in.

Michael Smith
Associate Member

Post by Michael Smith » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Lewis, thank you for keeping the forums going.

See you at the track next time your down.
Mike Smith
Vice President
Tradewinds and Atlantic Railroad
3600 W Sample Road
Tradewinds Park North
Coconut Creek (Fort Lauderdale) Florida
http://www.livesteamers.org

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:47 pm

MParsons wrote:And I remember shopping on ALL the floors of Polk's Hobby store on Fifth Avenue - a different floor for a different hobby mode (although I was doing HO at the time) in the 1950's. Since I lived in Manhattan these trips and purchases were frequent and the staff was always helpful. What an interesting store it was even to window shop in.
I most certainly would loved to have visited that store. Maybe before I die someone will invent a real go back in time apparatus. :D
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Timothy Bowis
Associate Member

Thanks

Post by Timothy Bowis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 pm

To all the people at Aristocraft my thanks for all the support and the wonderful models you have brought to the hobby over the years.
Such a sad day , i was only thinking tonight if the budget might stretch to an new SD 45 next year.
I hope some products will still be around for a while yet.

Will the Revolution system continue to be available or will that be lost to us too?

All the best to you all

Tim Bowis, Oban , Scotland.
Tim Bowis

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Greetings Tim,

There was a mail from Navin re the REVO and Crest today. I will send you a copy by PM or EM

Sent via Aristo PM: let me know if you don't get it.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Paul Norton
Associate Member

Post by Paul Norton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Thank Lewis for all you have done for the large scale hobby!

My very first purchase of standard gauge locomotives were a CNR FA-1/FB-1 set and a Pacific when they were initially offered for sale. Ni-Cad batteries and the first TEs in the black aluminum case were used to battery power and radio control them. We've come a long way since then with Plug and Play Sockets, Revolution receivers with sound, and lithium-ion battery packs thanks to your constant product improvements and introduction of new items.

It was always a pleasure to meet you, Scott, Navin, Aixa, Sherry, and Michael at the East Coast large Scale Train Shows. I wish you all the best.
Paul Norton
Ottawa Valley GRS

Mark Gilger
Associate Member

Post by Mark Gilger » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Alan,
Can you post that note from Navin on here? I never saw it and was wondering about their repair service until they close. Any mention of that?
Mark

wayne jardine
Associate Member

Post by wayne jardine » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:23 am

Mark
sent you a private mail with Navin sent out about crest products
Home of Great Northern of the Pacific Northwest

sidneymurphy15@gmail.com
Associate Member

Forum

Post by sidneymurphy15@gmail.com » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:32 am

Thanks eveery so much This is the main way that I've gained knowledge and friends, again many thanks, Sid Murphy:cool: