This forum will continue indefinitely

LewisPolk

This forum will continue indefinitely

Post by LewisPolk » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Dear All,

I have transferred the billing of this forum to my personal account and will keep it in service as long as possible. Just because we're not producing more trains does not mean that current and past users do not need advice and want to search our many years of history answers here.

I hope the friendships developed here will continue and it will remain a good spot to come to for all things Aristo-Craft.

All the best,

Lewis Polk

gpoknis
Associate Member

Thank you.

Post by gpoknis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Thank you Lewis for continuing the forum.

Do you know if anyone will be buying the molds or making parts?

Alan Lott
Associate Member

Post by Alan Lott » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Greetings Lewis, This is, indeed, some very welcome news. I have had heard three bad things today: this makes up for it to a degree.

Over the years I have made a few wonderful friends through this Forum. I have never met any of them face to face but we do speak by 'phone on many occasions. I guess without the Forum I could still have spoken with them but there are so many other great guys out there also who, I am sure, will still want to keep in touch with other Aristonauts.
Alan
Member OVGRS

http://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk
http://www.buckfast.org.uk
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

wayne jardine
Associate Member

Post by wayne jardine » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Lewis
It is a sad day to hear that Polk Hobby will have to close after all this time and hard work by everyone, but a sign of the times all the best:(
Home of Great Northern of the Pacific Northwest

Ed Headington
Associate Member

Post by Ed Headington » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Lewis, Thank you!! This forum is the one I always go to first, and just about the only forum that I post on. I have often mentioned to others that this forum is like "family" to me, and was really disappointed that we would lose contact with each other.

So, on a dismal day (because of the Polk Hobbies news) this is definitely a bright spot. Again, thanks for your efforts to keep the forum alive.

Ed

R.J DeBerg
Associate Member

Post by R.J DeBerg » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks for continuing the forum. It has been a good avenue for folks to get help and advice and as you said we will be able to thanks to you and taking a personnel interest. You will be missed along with rest of AC folks. All the best

Later RJD
President and Chief Engr Dakota and Southern

Mark Oles
Associate Member

Post by Mark Oles » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks for keeping the forum alive, Lewis.

Chris Morris
Associate Member

Post by Chris Morris » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Sorry that Aristocraft have finished. I would like to thank Lewis and family for the work they have done over the years and the models they have produced. You have provided happiness to many people over the years.

IVOR SNODDY
Associate Member

Post by IVOR SNODDY » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Dear Lewis,
you are a great man & once again I am sorry about todays bad news , but Thank you so very much for keeping this the best garden railroad forum up and running for at least the forseable future.

Take care & Good Luck.
Ivor Snoddy

Don Urquhart
Associate Member

Post by Don Urquhart » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you Lewis, for the many years of joy you and your products have brough to me and to the whole Model Railroad industry.

Will you and your staff still attend train shows, will you have a booth or table at the TCA York shows where friend can sit and talk trains? I remember when I first observed the REA trains running back and forth in the Black Hall at York. Best of luck in retirement, Aristo-Craft trains will run on for many, many years.

Don Urquhart